Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2017, 05:19 PM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe II View Post
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2017, 03:08 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGundy View Post
I have the square rubber pads, but getting under the coach and adjusting them is getting old. The SnapPads are on my list. I will still keep the rubber squares and use them where needed. 🤠🚍
UPDATE:
My Snap Pads arrived the day after Christmas. It is too cold (10F) to install at the moment. Military Discount was easy to verify and apply.
Old 12-28-2017, 09:33 AM   #31

I was tired of crushing the Legos and folding the orange plates so I bought these:
RV Jack Pads | Stabilizer Jack Pads | Landing Gear Pads for Sale - DICA

Lifetime warranty. If you have a heavy rig you will not be sorry. We are full-time and park on a variety of surfaces so these are perfect.

Worth every penny.
RMD3819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 10:02 AM   #32

Much similar to RogerG's project.
I am currently in the process of making my own Jack Pads.
4 pieces of 5/8" plywood cut 11.5"x 13.5"
1 Stall Pad - made from recycled tires, measures 36"x48"x3/4" sourced it at TSC Stores for $30.00 but purchased at Costco for $20.00.
I cut 8 pieces of the rubber 11.5"x12" and sandwiched the plywood between 2 pieces of rubber, leaving 1.5" of plywood to use a a handle to attach a rope.
Total thickness is now 2.25" very rigid, purposely used the 11.5" width so that I can store them in a milk crate in a storage bin.
Wood, Glue and Rubber $30.00 or $7.50 each versus the commercial, costly jack pads and still have 4 rubber pads left over.
Jim.B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 11:25 AM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
We also went to Snappads. I love not having to climb under the coach to place the pads and 'hope' I centered them. I also enjoy not having to climb under to put them out/retrieve them when the weather is not as nice as it could be
rmbmrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 11:34 AM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim.B1 View Post
Much similar to RogerG's project.
I am currently in the process of making my own Jack Pads.
4 pieces of 5/8" plywood cut 11.5"x 13.5"
1 Stall Pad - made from recycled tires, measures 36"x48"x3/4" sourced it at TSC Stores for $30.00 but purchased at Costco for $20.00.
I cut 8 pieces of the rubber 11.5"x12" and sandwiched the plywood between 2 pieces of rubber, leaving 1.5" of plywood to use a a handle to attach a rope.
Total thickness is now 2.25" very rigid, purposely used the 11.5" width so that I can store them in a milk crate in a storage bin.
Wood, Glue and Rubber $30.00 or $7.50 each versus the commercial, costly jack pads and still have 4 rubber pads left over.
To each his/her own. Including shipping, my SnapPads cost less than $20.00 each and I didn't exert a bit of sweat. If you priced out time, materials, and your transportation, I am willing to guess you spent more and still have to crawl under your rig to place and remove. SnapPads are on permanently. Safe driving! 🚍🤠

Sent from my SM-G950U using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
Old 12-28-2017, 12:30 PM   #35

Cedar

If you are building your own and want to reduce weight, use cedar, I bought mine at Home Depot on the clearance wood cart. Really cheap.
wildcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 05:42 PM   #36

[QUOTE=DGundy;3963250]To each his/her own. Including shipping, my SnapPads cost less than $20.00 each and I didn't exert a bit of sweat. If you priced out time, materials, and your transportation, I am willing to guess you spent more and still have to crawl under your rig to place and remove. SnapPads are on permanently. Safe driving! ����

Wow, you got a great deal @ $80.00 / 4 pack all in, and delivered too!
I just checked Snap Pads web site today, and their "Extra Special Boxing Week" 15% off price is $153.00 / 4 pack of 10" pads, plus $8.00 Tax, and then add the cost of shipping a 15 lb. package!
Shipping alone would be min. $25.00.
Before shipping, that is $41.00 each, not $20.00, Oh yes, add in the 30% difference in Canadian / US funds today, and we are now up to $53.00 each vs $7.50 each.
At $41.00 per pad, is someone making a huge profit on some recycled tires?
Spending a little personal time on an RV project during the off season is quite enjoyable, and I didn't exert a bit of sweat!
I really don't think it will be that inconvenient to bend down and position these pads, after all, you don't need to crawl under the RV to do it, but, you are correct, to each his own!
Jim.B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 07:06 PM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
[QUOTE=Jim.B1;3963747]
Quote:
To each his/her own. Including shipping, my SnapPads cost less than $20.00 each and I didn't exert a bit of sweat. If you priced out time, materials, and your transportation, I am willing to guess you spent more and still have to crawl under your rig to place and remove. SnapPads are on permanently. Safe driving! ����
Quote:

Wow, you got a great deal @ $80.00 / 4 pack all in, and delivered too!
I just checked Snap Pads web site today, and their "Extra Special Boxing Week" 15% off price is $153.00 / 4 pack of 10" pads, plus $8.00 Tax, and then add the cost of shipping a 15 lb. package!
Shipping alone would be min. $25.00.
Before shipping, that is $41.00 each, not $20.00, Oh yes, add in the 30% difference in Canadian / US funds today, and we are now up to $53.00 each vs $7.50 each.
At $41.00 per pad, is someone making a huge profit on some recycled tires?
Spending a little personal time on an RV project during the off season is quite enjoyable, and I didn't exert a bit of sweat!
I really don't think it will be that inconvenient to bend down and position these pads, after all, you don't need to crawl under the RV to do it, but, you are correct, to each his own!
CORRECTION: $96.xx . This was for the 9 inch pads, which included a Military Discount and free shipping.

Sent from my SM-G950U using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app