Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-24-2014, 05:48 PM   #29

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Not only is it possible that you'd be issued a warrant for arrest but, that warrant will go onto a nation wide data base.
Uh, no, not unless it is a FELONY ticket, One of the requirements for entry into NCIC is that it has to be a FELONY. (IF we are talking about arrest warrants)

And last I heard they do not issue tickets for Felonies, They issue bracelets and free transportation and lodging at a hotel of THEIR choice (The Gray Bar, or the Cross Bar inn. Also known as the "Do Not Drop in".)
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2014, 06:09 PM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Interesting reading
Should put to rest to a lot of this speculation....
http://www.ghsa.org/html/stateinfo/laws/auto_enforce.html
the trainguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 06:32 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobguigley View Post
....in a state that we are visiting and I don't pay the ticket, will that state notify my home state of Pennsylvania?

Those pesky traffic cameras.......and in our Corvette....."I can't drive 55" !

This has not happened to me...yet.

You have a Corvette. The cops will see you before the camera does; one of the unwritten laws of Vette-dom.
Um.....is it RED?
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 06:44 PM   #32

If you home state has an agreement with the violator state under the "Nonresident Violator Compact", your home state will suspend your Drivers License. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-R...olator_Compact
bailiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 07:12 PM   #33

I ran my DL in the mdt in the squad as a demo for a middle school demo years ago and it came back with an outstanding warrant for me. It took me almost a month to prove I had not been in georgia in july, and that someone had stolen my wallet in april and used my Dl as well as the credit card all over the se us all summer.

The judge was helpful and had a sense of humor when he cleared the warrant.

My boss did not find it funny at all.....
Dupdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 11:09 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
I keep getting emails saying I owe a traffic fine in NY but I've never been in NY nor do I ever plan to be!
Maybe they'll mail you the summons and fine info.
How do you suppose they got your email address then? SCAM!
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 11:26 PM   #35

Your answer is really quite simple: it's time to buy a new vet.
Old 12-24-2014, 11:53 PM   #36

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
You have a Corvette. The cops will see you before the camera does; one of the unwritten laws of Vette-dom.
Um.....is it RED?
Had a Vette for 17 of the last 20 years...never had a ticket, and eight of those years it was a red Vette. With a Corvette, it isn't about how fast it will go (and it will go fast)...it is about how quick you get to the posted speed limit. And if you aren't laying rubber, they can't ticket you for acceleration
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 12:21 AM   #37

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by donandmax View Post
Its called phishing. They most likely want you to open it so they can get your email address to spam the hell out of you. Ignore this type of email and don't answer them and don't open it or they will sell your email address to all kinds of spammers. Not really that dangerous but a PITA
An ex IT manager I recognized them right off the bat and I never open stuff like that!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 01:54 AM   #38

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
I keep getting emails saying I owe a traffic fine in NY but I've never been in NY nor do I ever plan to be!
Maybe they'll mail you the summons and fine info.
That was a scam that was going around. I got them from several locations.
taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 02:26 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupdyke View Post
I ran my DL in the mdt in the squad as a demo for a middle school demo years ago and it came back with an outstanding warrant for me. It took me almost a month to prove I had not been in georgia in july, and that someone had stolen my wallet in april and used my Dl as well as the credit card all over the se us all summer.

The judge was helpful and had a sense of humor when he cleared the warrant.

My boss did not find it funny at all.....
When my department first got it's MDT's (mobile data terminals for those unfamiliar) I got my 4 hour training and at 1 am, I set out on the streets. A drunk dude stepped out of a bar with his trophy on his arm. He was obnoxious and sarcastic. He stuck his head in the car and asked when did we get laptops. I explained what it was and he asked me how it worked. (I'm sure by now you can all guess where this is heading) I asked for his DL to demonstrate...he complied. 30 seconds later he was in cuffs...he had a felony warrant. His trophy went off to find some other jerk to buy her breakfast and he went to jail...kicking and screaming. The funniest thing out of his mouth was that he was a "pre" law student (attending City College) and he was gonna have my job because I needed a warrant to run his personal info and I "entrapped" him. God I just loved that job
22 years Navy...Retired. 20 years Law Enforcement...retired. Navy showed me Viet Nam and police work showed me society's worst. Hopefully this 2015 Winnebago View 24m will show me a level of relaxation I've only dreamed of.
Donut lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 09:16 PM   #40

LA Gulf Coast Campers
Got one of those red light camera tickets after a vacation in Oregon.... sent the pics from the camera and all... Problem is I had rented a Mitsubishi SUV and I am a male.... the pics were of a Toyota Camry driven by a female. Hertz had told them that I had rented the Camry.... I sent a copy of my rental agreement and a copy of my driver's license (with picture). Two weeks later I get a notice that my information is irrelevant and that a bench warrant had been posted for my arrest.... I have decided to not waste my money in the People's Republic of Oregon again... What an asinine group of people.
RussM311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 11:10 PM   #41
EV2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussM311 View Post
Got one of those red light camera tickets after a vacation in Oregon.... sent the pics from the camera and all... Problem is I had rented a Mitsubishi SUV and I am a male.... the pics were of a Toyota Camry driven by a female. Hertz had told them that I had rented the Camry.... I sent a copy of my rental agreement and a copy of my driver's license (with picture). Two weeks later I get a notice that my information is irrelevant and that a bench warrant had been posted for my arrest.... I have decided to not waste my money in the People's Republic of Oregon again... What an asinine group of people.
You have grounds for fairly profitable legal action. May want to look into it. No better satisfaction than turning an idiot in a beuracracy into a profit at their taxpayers expense, in addition you are providing a service to the minions that are subject to bureaucratic incompetence. Don't forget to include Hertz in the filing.
EV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 08:58 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussM311 View Post
Wow!!! that really really sux!!!
22 years Navy...Retired. 20 years Law Enforcement...retired. Navy showed me Viet Nam and police work showed me society's worst. Hopefully this 2015 Winnebago View 24m will show me a level of relaxation I've only dreamed of.
Donut lover is offline   Reply With Quote