Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2020, 06:29 PM   #1

Kantleak and the WH bypass setting

A couple of questions that I’m hoping you more experienced RVers can help me with.
I just bought. A new brass Kantleak from ABCORP. I’ve seen a video and the sales person to lad me that the HW bypass connections have to be swapped. Well, there are 3 connections. Which 2 need to be swapped? I’m ASSuming that it’s the WH in and WH our connections that have to be swapped, but I don’t want to do it wrong.

So - question 1 - what is the WH bypass connectivity on the back of my new Kantleak?

My WH has the 3 bypass valves on it. That’s what I use to winterize. The Kantleak has a bypass setting.

Question 2 - What does this do? What affect does putting the Kantleak into bypass have on the overall RV? I’d still have to blow out the lines / put antifreeze in the pipes. Can someone explain the purpose?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C648EECA-6753-4117-A1C0-269482A8EF56.jpeg
Views:	336
Size:	485.9 KB
ID:	271304  
CWP3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2020, 09:23 AM   #2

If you are replacing the half plastic model Kantleak assembly, the "to water heater" and "to hot fixtures" are reversed. Straight top to bottom and bottom to top change on the new valve from the old.
Would you let the forum know if your water flow using the new model at the RV hot and cold fixtures has been reduced from the flow in the old model.
Old 01-04-2020, 12:17 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn2 View Post
If you are replacing the half plastic model Kantleak assembly, the "to water heater" and "to hot fixtures" are reversed. Straight top to bottom and bottom to top change on the new valve from the old.
Would you let the forum know if your water flow using the new model at the RV hot and cold fixtures has been reduced from the flow in the old model.
To be honest, when I turned on the kitchen faucet after replacement it appeared to have more pressure.
I’ll take a shower tonight and see how the shower head stream feels.
Old 01-05-2020, 06:31 AM   #4

Took a shower last night. I didn’t notice and real change in water pressure.
Old 01-05-2020, 06:53 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWP3 View Post
Took a shower last night. I didn’t notice and real change in water pressure.
Thanks for the feedback.
Old 01-06-2020, 06:45 PM   #6

We replaced the POS plastic valve on the Kantleak. It didn’t stop the problem. We rebuilt the pump with a new head assembly. That solved the “leaking into the FW tank” issue. But after reading about all the repeat problems with the plastic valve, I bit the bullet and bought the brass replacement from Kantleak. After the replacement, a connection started to leak. After fixing that, the connection behind the outdoor shower started to leak. We ended up removing the metal cover from the wet bay so we could get to everything. We finally got it all put back together and no leaks have surfaced in the last few hours. We’re calling it a win! Here’s a picture of the Charlie Foxtrot with the metal cover removed. Man, what a tangle!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	A84DC386-DF4F-4017-ABC6-CC4247ABF54C.jpeg
Views:	58
Size:	255.2 KB
ID:	271578  
Old 01-07-2020, 10:48 AM   #7

Don't you just love those "Kantleak" valves!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20200107_114116.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	311.8 KB
ID:	271643  

Tags
kantleak, leak