Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2019, 02:31 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Kwikee level best 3000 rebuild kit

Looking for a kit to rebuild my Kwikee level best 3000 jacks model #359278.
Any one have any info where a kit can be purchased ?
scooterbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2019, 09:55 AM   #2

Not sure about the model number you provided but I do know that the Kwikee 3000 jacks on our rig (pn 3700710) are not rebuildable, at least not easily..

I have read a time or two that they can be rebuilt. But they have to be cut open, rebuilt, then welded back together. Not something most of us can handle ourselves.

Replaced all four of ours when they started leaking one by one over about a years time. Removal and replacement is straightforward and fairly easy.
Old 09-10-2019, 12:15 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Thanks for the info mudfrog
scooterbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 03:09 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudfrog View Post
Not sure about the model number you provided but I do know that the Kwikee 3000 jacks on our rig (pn 3700710) are not rebuildable, at least not easily..

I have read a time or two that they can be rebuilt. But they have to be cut open, rebuilt, then welded back together. Not something most of us can handle ourselves.

Replaced all four of ours when they started leaking one by one over about a years time. Removal and replacement is straightforward and fairly easy.
I just joined this group and ran across this old thread regarding Kwikee rebuild kits. My jacks have leaking seals and I would like to get them repaired/replaced. I notice that you actually replaced your jacks. Where did you get them and how much did they cost?
So CA Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 07:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by So CA Joe View Post
I just joined this group and ran across this old thread regarding Kwikee rebuild kits. My jacks have leaking seals and I would like to get them repaired/replaced. I notice that you actually replaced your jacks. Where did you get them and how much did they cost?
I bought, two at a time, from Lichtsinn RV. Almost $400 each about 3 years ago. Can only imagine what they cost now, if they still carry them.

I would check there but I would also check with a local hydraulic shop to see what they have to say. A good shop can probably rebuild for a lot less than what a new jack would cost.
Old 12-29-2022, 03:11 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudfrog View Post
I bought, two at a time, from Lichtsinn RV. Almost $400 each about 3 years ago. Can only imagine what they cost now, if they still carry them.

I would check there but I would also check with a local hydraulic shop to see what they have to say. A good shop can probably rebuild for a lot less than what a new jack would cost.

In case you're interested, the replacement cost is now $1400/each.
Old 12-31-2022, 04:32 PM   #7

Quote:
In case you're interested, the replacement cost is now $1400/each.
I guessed and stated 3 years ago in my first post but looking at my receipt, it was a little over five years. Still, a dramatic price increase since that time.
Old 01-13-2023, 11:46 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Would a more readily available cylinder be an option? Seems they'd retrofit as long as the operating parameters and dimensions match up. I would think the mounting brackets are fairly generic and could be modified to fit. Might sound like a bit of messing around but if a rebuild isn't practical or possible it'd be more palatable than a $1400 per corner replacement.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM
Mark_K5LXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 12:25 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
A rebuild is possible. The company that actually manufactured the cylinders (Custom Cylinders Int'l, Winchester, KY) will rebuild them for about $400/ea plus shippng.
Old 01-14-2023, 12:29 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
By the way, Mark, I grew up in ABQ. Lived there from 1953 to 1972.
Old 01-15-2023, 01:40 PM   #11

Freightliner Owners Club
Locate a Hydraulic machine shop. They can rebuild them. Around $600.
gatorcq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 08:06 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just thinking out loud here, a casual search shows a few leveling cylinders for $650 brand new. No idea of direct compatibility with the various leveling systems but assuming one could be found that's similar in length and bore, it could probably be made to work. Upwards of $600 a cylinder for a rebuild of a 20 year old jack seems a diminishing return to me (assuming that's what it really costs to rebuild) so just throwing the idea out that maybe there'd be a "compatible-enough" new replacement that resets the clock with the jacks. The R&R labor is the same either way. Seems it's an "opportunity" for cylinder suppliers to offer refits for an aging fleet of leveling systems.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM
Mark_K5LXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 09:03 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Near San Diego level repair

Quote:
A rebuild is possible. The company that actually manufactured the cylinders (Custom Cylinders Int'l, Winchester, KY) will rebuild them for about $400/ea plus shippng.

Near San Diego in San Marcos, Rupe's hydraulic shop rebuilds them for about $500. I just had one done, a Kwikee Levelor 3000 off my 2006 Sightseer. Removed it myself, left the pad on and took it in. A week later it was done. They cut it open, replaced the seals and welded it closed and made it look brand new. Works great, but I just took a rear one off because it started leaking after running the system up and down to get any air out after reinstall of first one. Of course I'm too stupid just to take the remaining ones off and get them all rebuilt for 1/3 the price of new ones :(
Paranewbi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kwikee, rebuild