Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2005, 03:20 PM   #1

Rumor has it Lazy Days is in the process of buying out Beadrey RV, all locations out west. Still going to be under the Beadrey name for a while. Guess LD doesn't have enough money. That would make them over 1 Bil in sales a year.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2005, 03:20 PM   #2

Rumor has it Lazy Days is in the process of buying out Beadrey RV, all locations out west. Still going to be under the Beadrey name for a while. Guess LD doesn't have enough money. That would make them over 1 Bil in sales a year.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:19 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Since Lazy Days was bought by an investment firm last year, I guess it is not surprising the same firm is looking to expand further. My guess is the investors want to build a business they can take public for a substantial profit and market share and $$ volume are the key ingredients in that game. Unfortunately, customer service (other than sales oriented stuff) usually suffers in the process.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 06:32 AM   #4

There is also another rumor that they may start handling Newmar in 2007.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:12 PM   #5

I also heard that they were buying Hart City RV
in Elkhart In.
MONTANA RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 04:39 PM   #6

Hart City was already bought out about a year or so ago by the Freedom Roads group.

Freedom Roads List

Freedom Roads has purchased 50+ RV Dealerships and are still growing.

Who is Freedom Roads? Part of the same corporation that owns Camping World, Good Sam,
etc, etc.

Ron

GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 06:34 PM   #7

Texas Boomers Club
That is indeed bad news. Everything will soon just be one big Camping World where nobody gives a hoot for the customers.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:16 PM   #8

Have anyone ever wondered just who this "investment firm" is? I have and still wonder. Wish they would put a name to it.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:38 PM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">just who this "investment firm" is? I have and still wonder. Wish they would put a name to it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
THEY did. Following is directly from Lazy days website. Enjoy! ED

World's Largest RV Dealer Completes Sale

Lazydays employees are big winners in transaction.

May 20, 2004 (Seffner, FL) Lazydays RV SuperCenter, the world's largest recreational vehicle dealer, announced today that it has successfully completed the sale of the company to Bruckmann, Rosser, Sherrill & Company, LLC (BRS), a private equity firm based in New York.

Employees to Receive $29 Million. Prior to the sale, Lazydays had been an employee-owned company through an ESOP program started in 1995. The BRS purchase will result in over $29 million being distributed to Lazydays employees based on their allocated shares at the date of closing.

"This is one of the five happiest days of my life," said Don Wallace, President and CEO of Lazydays. "I have looked forward for many years to rewarding the people who have made Lazydays what I consider to be one of the best companies in the world."

Lazydays currently employs over 700 people at its I-4 location in Seffner, Florida. Company founder Don Wallace will continue to serve as the dealership's President and CEO and he will remain a significant shareholder.

Added Wallace, "Together with BRS, Lazydays will establish a new employee ownership plan in order to maintain the culture that has been so successful for us. We look forward to doing this all over again."

Poised for Future Growth. The BRS investment will accelerate Lazydays' continued growth, enhance its customer service and further its leadership position in the RV industry with added capital and support. Lazydays, with sales of over $750 million in 2003, is on track to become the first single-site dealership in the RV industry to achieve $1 billion in annual sales.

"Our unsurpassed focus on customer service will remain unchanged," said Wallace, adding: "I believe we are the world's largest RV dealer because the customer is the focus of our company. We will continue this focus and work everyday to become better. I am confident we will soon surpass our $1 billion goal."

About Lazydays RV SuperCenter. Founded in 1976, Lazydays is the largest RV dealership in the world. The company, located on 140 acres outside Tampa, Florida, has an 83,000 sq. ft. main building, 273 service bays, 300 RV campsites and more than 1,000 RV's on display. In addition, the property has a 40,000 sq. ft. Camping World store, a Cracker Barrel Restaurant and a Flying J RV Travel Plaza. Lazydays sales exceeded $750 million in 2003 and the complex will host more than one million visitors and serve more than 300,000 meals this year alone. For more information: http://www.lazydays.com

About Bruckmann, Rosser, Sherrill & Company, LLC. BRS is a New York-based private equity investment firm with approximately $1.2 billion in funds under management. Founded in 1995 by former senior executives of Citicorp Venture Capital, Ltd., BRS specializes in management buyouts and recapitalizations of high quality, middle market companies with strong market positions and/or growth potential. Its portfolio companies have a strong focus on consumer products and services including many leading name brands. For more information: http://www.brs.com
# # #

For More Information:

Ben Lee
813 258 5858
ben@schifinolee.com
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 02:56 AM   #10

Next rumor is that with this sale Newmar will allow Lazy Days to sell it's line of coaches. The salesman at LD have told me this. They are VERY excited about this happening. Guess time will tell.
Derek
Old 08-12-2005, 06:13 AM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">rumor is that with this sale Newmar will allow Lazy Days to sell it's line of coaches. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi Derek! : I have often wondered WHY LD did not carry Newmar in the past, as they seem to sell almost every other manufacture's products in one brand or another. Is there any rumor about why? ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 07:04 AM   #12

Seems Don Wallace And Newmar had a falling out years ago. Newmar decided that LD would not sell them as long as Don was in charge of LD. Rumor has it Don is being moved up to the board of the holding company. IF and when that happens ('06) Newmars will be on LD lot. This comes from different salespeople & service people at LD.