Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2021, 03:32 PM   #1

Leveling jacks loud warning sound.

We just took our 2004 HR Imperial on its maiden voyage since we purchased it. Thought everything was fine, new A/C, etc. Jacks were raised, however, we keep getting a very annoying warning signal from under the dash every time I put the transmission in D or R. The control box for the jacks says that they are all down but they are not. When I use the button to raise the jacks that are already up, they display (yellow lights) that one or two are still down. They are not. In fact, I placed a bottle jack under each one and each one is totally raised. I can live, and travel without leveling jacks, however, can't stand the warning signal. Any ideas? For us this is prime season for camping and I can't get an appointment until late October. Does anyone know how I can bypass the alarm or disarm it. Don't want to make matters worse.
Mikenbama is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2021, 03:52 PM   #2

You may be low on fluid if your jacks are hydraulic.
mrboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 04:14 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Tiffin Owners Club
There are two different types of sensors for jacks down warnings. One is as mentioned, fluid level. The other is a magnetic sensor at the top of the jack. If you have a couple of wire coming out of the jack, then you have the second type. You can try bypassing them one at a time until you locate the defective one. I had the same thing on our '06 Itasca and had to rig up a bypass switch around the defective sensor.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 04:51 PM   #4

I can't find the hydraulic storage tank.
Old 09-23-2021, 06:18 PM   #5

You can do a reset on it and turn off the warning lights and beeping by pushing all 4 buttons at the same time. Up/Down Left/Right.

I have to do it to my Lippert Jacks now and then. Ours is because we are getting too low of pressure when the jacks are up to trip the pressure switch.

Bob
Old 09-23-2021, 07:34 PM   #6

When you retract the jacks, do not manually turn off the control panel when the store light illuminates, instead wait a full minute. This insures there is not a small air bubble in a line causing a false stored signal.
This of course assumes the oil reservoir measures full when jacks and slides are retracted.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 08:18 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikenbama View Post
I don't have an HR but my coach is the same vintage. All the business for the jacks should be in one of your basement compartments. On my HWH system there is a box with glass window that has several small LED lights and looks like something off of a space ship. The hydraulic reservoir and pump are behind that. There is a vented cap with dip stick that will unscrew to check fluid level.
vseasport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 09:06 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:

On my 2001 Imperial the tank was located forward of the RH front wheel.
Access it by opening the generator slide.
There are instructions in your owners manual on how to properly service it.

You should post this on the Monaco section. Lots of good knowledge there.
gimblerotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 06:27 AM   #9

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
We just took our 2004 HR Imperial on its maiden voyage since we purchased it. Thought everything was fine, new A/C, etc. Jacks were raised, however, we keep getting a very annoying warning signal from under the dash every time I put the transmission in D or R. The control box for the jacks says that they are all down but they are not. When I use the button to raise the jacks that are already up, they display (yellow lights) that one or two are still down. They are not. In fact, I placed a bottle jack under each one and each one is totally raised. I can live, and travel without leveling jacks, however, can't stand the warning signal. Any ideas? For us this is prime season for camping and I can't get an appointment until late October. Does anyone know how I can bypass the alarm or disarm it. Don't want to make matters worse.

Do you have a manual for your HR? If not, you can download one here: https://www.monacocoach.com/rv-owners-manuals
The file is too large to attach here. The description for jack operation starts on p. 452.

Low fluid / jacks down alarm is a bong.

My guess is you have a bad park brake switch causing the annoying warning. That was the problem I had (I had occasional brake warning light on also). Pic of the park brake switch attached. It's right under the park brake knob.

Some of the jack lights on mine don't work and I don't pay attention to those anyway. Wife always makes sure jacks are moving (as I've had couple bad switches) and when they are up.
When extending, make sure to extend the front first to prevent cracking the windshield. The front jack acts as a pivot point and keeps the frame from twisting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Nason Pressure Switch.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	344016  
Old 09-30-2021, 05:50 PM   #10

If I don't have the emergency brake on when the engine is turned off, the next time I start it the leveler alarm goes off. I may or may not have to do a reset. Usually if I put the e brake on and turn off the motor, the alarm will stop.
Weeds636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 12:04 AM   #11

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Crawl under, Inspect each jack for a switch mounted on the jack itself, that is maybe bent, or has wire/ switch damage?
Old 10-04-2021, 04:12 PM   #12
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Next time you here the alarm, smack down hard on the parking brake knob (after it has been released). If the alarm stops, it the sensor that is pictured in Post #9. That sensor is a common issue that makes the alarm go off at odd times. It's mounted to the bottom of the parking brake switch.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 07:17 AM   #13

Angry Thanks for the info.

Dutch Star Don, It worked, When I release the parking brake, I push the Plunger down hard and the warning sound quits, however, even after it quits, I still can't lower the jacks, the generator door will not open. If I replace the switch, should that eliminate the leveler and generator problem? I don't want to start throwing replacement parts at a problem unless I think it will work. As for the generator, I can open and close it if I crawl under the RV and cross the solenoid on the bottom it will open, the the top one will close the generator. If I turn on the levelers, and lower the jacks, all the lights work, however, when it is finished the jacks haven't moved but the main panel shows' that they are fully extended. Looking for suggestions.
Old 10-06-2021, 07:31 AM   #14

Angry Thanks for the info.

Dutch Star Don, It worked, When I release the parking brake, I push the Plunger down hard and the warning sound quits, however, even after it quits, I still can't lower the jacks, the generator door will not open. If I replace the switch, should that eliminate the leveler and generator problem? I don't want to start throwing replacement parts at a problem unless I think it will work.

Tags
jacks, leveling, leveling jacks, warning