Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-21-2020, 06:23 PM   #15
TR4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoalsgary View Post
"plumb new pump as I decided with your new filter"?
Sorry,”as I described “ with your new filter (you said you had one and wanted to add another).

Bill
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2020, 08:38 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR4 View Post
Sorry,”as I described “ with your new filter (you said you had one and wanted to add another).

Bill

Original feed line to new filter to new pump, to original filter to CAPS and return line from CAPS to original return line?
shoalsgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 09:01 AM   #17
TR4

Quote:
Original feed line to new filter to new pump, to original filter to CAPS and return line from CAPS to original return line?
Yes, tank - new filter (primary) - new pump (Fass) - old filter (secondary) - CAPS
Don’t touch fuel return line.

Note: these instructions are for the pump you purchased, others have installed pumps with a fuel return line separate from the existing return line.

Bill
Old 02-22-2020, 10:07 AM   #18

Quote:
Yes, tank - new filter (primary) - new pump (Fass) - old filter (secondary) - CAPS
Don’t touch fuel return line.

Note: these instructions are for the pump you purchased, others have installed pumps with a fuel return line separate from the existing return line.

Bill
So I'm still going through the original lift pump? That's where the fuel return line comes from.
Old 02-22-2020, 10:43 AM   #19

I think the OP is already over his head .
Quote:
Kind of confusing, OP says he has a CAPS engine.

Bill
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 06:00 PM   #20
TR4

Quote:
So I'm still going through the original lift pump? That's where the fuel return line comes from.
I known it’s confusing. The lift pump has two parts. The pumping part and a separate section where excess fuel from the CAPS and fuel injectors (off the cylinder head) come together. From this section of the lift pump “manifold”, a fuel line returns the unused fuel to the tank. Your only using that part of the manifold, not the pumping section.

Bill
Old 02-24-2020, 06:42 PM   #21

Shoalsgary, I live in Florence and know all about that coach setup. I owned a 2003 Endeavour for 4 years and can show you the lift pump and all the plumbing if you want me to. PM me your cell and i will call thx ps its a 330 hp 8.3 Cummins not a 350hp
Old 02-25-2020, 06:32 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by grthigpen View Post
Shoalsgary, I live in Florence and know all about that coach setup. I owned a 2003 Endeavour for 4 years and can show you the lift pump and all the plumbing if you want me to. PM me your cell and i will call thx ps its a 330 hp 8.3 Cummins not a 350hp
Thanks GR; I'll be contacting you after I get done with Meals on Wheels today. I installed the new Pacbrake yesterday and am not happy about the sealing on the exhaust side. Waiting on the new air valve. Original was toast. Got to have it ready y Bike Week and weather hasn't been helpful...

Tags
cat, endeavor, holiday rambler