Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2017, 10:43 AM   #1

LP gas connection

2007 Fleetwood Discovery 39V

I want to connect a large (250 gallon ) LP tank to the RV LP system . Is there a factory installed connection ? If not have any of the IRV2 members connected a tank to your RV ? Should this be done by a gas co. tech ?

Furniss
Furniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2017, 10:53 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
Check out "Extend A Stay". They are made for what you want.
Happy Glamping.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:43 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Never did it but I bet the people who deliver the tank can probably set you up. Call and ask.
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 04:14 PM   #4

Anding propane

I put this gas Valve in to be able to add propane from a out side tank if needed
chetoo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 04:17 PM   #5

Adding propane

I put this gas Valve in to be able to add propane from a out side tank if needed
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171013_140237_resized.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	193.2 KB
ID:	181409  
Old 10-29-2017, 05:48 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetoo55 View Post
That's it, the Extend-A-Stay. Do you use it to add propane to your main tank, or just to run your appliances and turn off the valve to the main tank?
Happy Glamping.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 05:53 AM   #7

Just to run appliances and out door grill ,But If I run out of propane I can just put a 20# pound tank to it and I don't have to move the RV to get propane !!
Old 10-30-2017, 05:58 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
250 gallon tank is 7'5" long and 30" in diameter.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 07:09 AM   #9

LP gas connection

Yes , the dimensions sound about right for a 250 gal tank . What is your point ? This tank was installed to replace a 500 gal tank at our mountain cabin . We want to connect the RV during our summer stay .

Furniss 2007 Fleetwood Discovery
Old 10-30-2017, 05:07 PM   #10

My question is: Are you going to connect to an existing regulated LP line or will this be a connection directly to the valve on the tank (no regulator)?

We just connected to our line that runs under the deck and also feeds the house. Since it is already correctly regulated @ 11 inches WC, there is no need to remove the regulator on the coach (except for ease of installing fittings) and am using a low pressure rubber line. Our connection is directly downstream of the coach regulator and we cut the LP on the coach off when connected. This will also give us a connection to be able to use a propane appliance from the coach LP. It takes me seconds to connect or D/C from the house.

If you are going to tap the large tank before the regulator (high pressure) then you have to also feed the coach before the regulator for that connection to work.

I will try to take pics tomorrow.
Old 10-30-2017, 05:48 PM   #11

LP connection

There is an existing gas line (copper tube ) with a regulator . This line is connected to the large 250 gal tank at one end and to the LP tank connection of an existing travel trailer . I want to replace the trailer with the 2007 Discovery RV . What I need to know is where to connect the incoming gas supply line to the gas line of the RV system . Since the supply is already regulated I would think that the connection should be down stream of the RV tank regulator . No guessing please . Have any members actually accomplished this installation without blowing up their coach ?
Old 10-30-2017, 06:09 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furniss View Post
There is an existing gas line (copper tube ) with a regulator . This line is connected to the large 250 gal tank at one end and to the LP tank connection of an existing travel trailer . I want to replace the trailer with the 2007 Discovery RV . What I need to know is where to connect the incoming gas supply line to the gas line of the RV system . Since the supply is already regulated I would think that the connection should be down stream of the RV tank regulator . No guessing please . Have any members actually accomplished this installation without blowing up their coach ?
That is the exact same way mine is done, and it was done by our LP gas provider. I will take and post pictures tomorrow.
Old 10-31-2017, 12:26 PM   #13

Here ya go....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	LPconn1.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	245.4 KB
ID:	181550   Click image for larger version

Name:	LPconn3.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	181551  

Name:	LPconn4.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	159.2 KB
ID:	181552  
Old 11-01-2017, 07:27 AM   #14

LP gas connection

Thank you for the comments and pictures . I have decided to wait until we are back at the cabin and have the local gas co. do the hook up .

Tags
gas