Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2021, 02:15 PM   #1

Manuals for 2000 Georgie Boy Landau Needed

Hi everybody,
I just bought a 2000 Georgie Boy Landau. Drives great and everything works fine.
However, Driver side windshield has to large cracks in it and would like to replace it with "used shield" or new. (price sensitive)

Then owners manuals please. I know that the V* engine is a 7.1 liter but don't even know where to check for oil level.
Please help this poor newbie.
Hendri is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2021, 08:21 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure if you'll have luck finding a used windshield but if you have time on your hands, you might search the RV salvage yards around the country but by the time you find one and have it shipped and then hire an installer, I'm thinking you'll be close to the same price as just getting your local RV glass shop to order a new one but even that may be a drawn-out process ordering a windshield for a 20+ year old coach. We've got a lot of people here on the forum that can give you better advice than I can so let's see what others say.

Off the top of my head, it seems that a 2000 Georgie Boy Landau was built on a Ford chassis and will have a Triton V10. I thinking 6.8L but I'm not sure. Again, let's see what others say. It seems that in a pickup, the dipstick is on the driver's side of the motor but again, I'm not super familiar so we'll wait for those who are.

Pertaining to manuals, even if Georgie Boy published a manual, it would be very generic and probably will have very limited information about the chassis components. Most manufacturers will give a collection of manuals that pertain to each item in the coach ...e.g. manual for the TV, for the furnace, for the a/c, for the refrigerator, for the toilet, etc., etc., etc. See if you can find a bag or a binder that contains those manuals that Georgie Boy provided when the coach was new.

If you can't find such a collection, you'll have to request a manual from each manufacturer of the components inside the coach ...i.e. as an example: Coleman for the a/c, Dometic for the refrigerator, Panasonic for the TV, etc., etc. So find the model number of each component and you can 1) contact the manufacturer and see if they can send you a manual if you want a hard copy, or 2) the easiest way is to look them up online and collect them as PDFs and file them on an electronic drive ...hard drive on a laptop, thumb drive, portable hard drive, or digitally on cloud storage if you use that.

You can also find manuals and service guides online for your engine, transmission, and other chassis components. And also for your generator too.

Good luck and like I say, others here can answer a LOT of questions you might have.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 11:57 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us!

Congrats on the new rig! Many owner's manuals are too generic to be much use anyway. I guess you weren't lucky enough to get a factory build sheet with it were you? You can write down the make and model numbers of all the systems and Google for manuals. Those will be of more use to you than the owner's manual.

I would suggest that you create a signature showing the make and model of your RV. This will make it easier for folks to help with any questions you may have. Below is a link showing how to do that! Look at post #30.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f62/foru...ml#post3101035

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 08:06 PM   #4

Appliance owner, installation and service manuals are available for free download at bryantrv.com.
As to an owners manual for the MH, you'll have much better luck having your post moved to the appropriate owners forum.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 12:15 PM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
The Manual can be downloaded here. The website is verrrry slow but it works. http://www.coachmenrv.com/OwnersManuals/13919466.pdf

These are for 2000 Landau Diesel.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FW.pdf (693.5 KB, 66 views)
File Type: pdf System drawings.pdf (2.90 MB, 48 views)
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 03:31 PM   #6

A little late to comment on this but thought it might be helpful to the OP or anyone else who comes across this post -

When we bought our 02 Landau in January of this year, the PO said they had just had the driver side windshield replaced. He was vague as to why (should have known then there was a skeleton in the closet somewhere).

First outing, driver windshield cracked - right where it met the dash in the corner of the glass.

Come to find out, the dash had broken loose from the front end cap. At some point we obviously torqued the chassis as you could see where the poorly rounded point radius of the dashboard impacted against the glass and broke it.

Before replacing the windshield, I pulled the dashboard out of the coach, modified the dash to use 5/16” studs, and securely bolted the dash to the end cap. Now it’s as solid as can be, and just recently had the driver windshield replaced.
MrMark52 is offline   Reply With Quote