Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2015, 09:13 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
In 56 years of having paid for vehicle insurance USAA has been the best. Have shopped so many other company's and none have been able to come close to their rates. Four cars, two boats, and two rv's they can't be beat. Just my .02
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2015, 05:21 AM   #16

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
This is our second year with Blue Sky. They sent us a renewal of almost 50% more for 2015 (no claims). As we shopped around, we found that a Good Sam agent:

Patrick R Flanigan
Licensed Agent
Direct_216.592.7110
Office_855.282.2798
800 Superior Ave E Cleveland, OH 44114
(Patrick is a licensed Good Sam Insurance Agency agent)

was able to quote Blue Sky as well and actually got a quote that was over $300 less than the quotes from our original Blue Sky agent.

This quote was our lowest of the 10 or so companies we got quotes from, including all those mentioned above.

It seems they are all increasing their rates even with their clients without ANY claims. I believe the state and even county you live in within that state affect the quote you will receive. It does not matter their experience with you, but their experience state wide.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 07:55 AM   #17

USAA had all my insurance business for 25 years, no at fault accidents. One accident where another driver fell asleep and came into my lane and hit me head on. no speeding tickets.

Two years ago USAA raised my motorhome rate from 1300 a year to 7600 a year. I called and they would not budge and gave no reason for the increase other than its a large vehicle. Never mind it is the same large vehicle I have had for 12 years. House insurance also went up. Now MH is with NG/Good Sam, and house is with State Farm. Only one vehicle is with USAA (to maintain some business in case they change their business practices). All other business, investments and otherwise have also been pulled.

This all happened about a year after they opened their business to everyone and their brother. I guess I had to cover their losses, as they sure did not have any from me.
WBGrubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 01:09 PM   #18

I have two cars and an older, 1999, MH insured with Geico here in Ct. costs 214 a year for the MH
edsperfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 01:43 PM   #19

USAA no longer insures motorhomes. They sent me to Progressive, who is their partner carrier for RVs. I told them I was not happy about using Progressive, but they would not budge since I have umbrella policy with them.
Old 02-21-2015, 08:17 AM   #20

Forest River Owners Club
My motorhome is with National Interstate thru Explorer RV. Last year after MH turned 10 they projected a 33% rate increase. I got a quote from FCIS, then got on the phone w/Explorer RV. Comparing line by line w/old policy found the culprit was the full replacement cost coverage. FCIS would not write that on an older rv, as will no other company. NI's rate for that went way up at 10yr age point. I dropped full replacement and we established an agreed NADA value that I determined and submitted (will decrease by a little each year from there). FCIS & NI were very close at that point. NI accepted my value based on my NADA research while FCIS wanted me to take the M H to an appraiser over 100 miles away to get it appraised so I stayed w/NI & Explorer RV.
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 11:50 AM   #21

Getting ready to get the MH out of storage and get it ready for our trip. Since it has been in storage for the last 6 months, we will see if there will be an increase. There has not been in the last several years but....
R2Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 04:28 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
How about FMCA? I got a quote from them and they shopped 4 companies. Has anyone had any good or bad dealings with them? I am about to pull the trigger. Got a quote with GS also and they did not include liability and I thought that was a little sneaky. I have progressive now but do not like them as a company and want to switch.
bobf46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 04:39 PM   #23

American Coach Owners Club
I Just Fired Blue Sky- went up 36 % after 1 year--- no reason for the increase except that claims in my State have risen . I shopped and found Foremost -- Better coverage ! And Service !
NHRA225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 06:25 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
KZ RV Club
Insurance

we have progressive and it's $653. with $1000. deductible. called hartford aarp and was quoted $489. for $500. deduct. and $540. for the $1000. live in Kansas and clean driving record. sounds like i am getting a good deal on my insurance after reading some of your post. i know value has a lot to do with it. we have a 2004 Monaco Lapalma gasser. our agent recommended staying with progressive because of our 5 year record with them. had a windshield replaced in our previous Safari and had a $500. deductible for the glass.
ZOOKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 07:34 PM   #25

Quick update. We switched to progressive because National General said they couldn't do any better. We called to cancel with them this week and they said let us give you a better deal to stay. Too late and that is really frustrating to hear it wasn't the best they could do.

2014 Thor 33sw Fourwinds, built twice.
halla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 07:58 PM   #26

Also with USAA, while my sons insurance (again USAA, his wife and him are both employees) went down on his house, mine went up. Also no discount for them being employees. Never had a claim but mine went up four hundred on the house and two hundred on the vehicles. They did send me a letter a while back and noted that I was not using credit enough for them to track but I would have thought not running up bills would have been a good thing. I called them and they said all insurance was going up across the board. Funny how my sons went down at the same time. I have always wondered about the vehicle insurance going up as they reduce the value of them every year.
King Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 07:58 PM   #27

American Coach Owners Club
I can't help but wonder if part of the increases are a natural move with the RV industry. With RV sales rebounding, the insurance companies know they have a whole new crop of owners coming on board. My 2015 hurricane 34e is with GS, about $1038 for the year. Proggressive through usaa would have been about $100 more.
Tytlfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:18 PM   #28

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
my rv renewal arrived the other day
Farm Buruea
last year for 6 months 469
renewal 524 specified perils went up due to the number of ANIMALS impacting vehicles in our county..
still very good
500 deductible
breaks down as below
apples to apple
liability bodily injury100k each person 300k each accident 52.00
property damage 100k each accident 50.00

med payments or pers injury 2500 each person pip 19.00
uninsured/under insured
bodily 100k each person 300k each accident 31.00
property damage 100k/300k each accident 22.00
damage to your vehicle
specified perils 220.00
collision 129.00

automobile burglary and theft authority fee 1.00
524 per six months
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance, motorhome