Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-07-2013, 04:35 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Motorhome shopping

We are on our way to Lazy Days to begin our quest to buy a motorhome. Been reading this forum for months and gained tons of info. We will be full-timing. Just wondering what to look for any what questions to ask. Thanks
ravens2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2013, 04:39 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Are you intending to buy an Entegra? This thread is posted in that forum and I'm sure you'll get a lot of suggestions but if you'd like me to move the thread to a broader forum I'd be happy to.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:09 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I just realized that. I have been following this forum mostly and Entegra is at the top of our list, but I want to keep an open mind. If you could move it I would greatly appreciate it. I just went right to the Entegra forum by habit. Thanks again.
ravens2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:49 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Floor plan has to please you...so you need to understand a little how you'll use it. For Beth and I, living space and entertainment center was important. Not so much bathroom (the bath and a halts).

We wanted all electric. We wanted a better ride and drive (Comfort Steering with Newmar would be nice, but $$$ more for same amenities compared to Entegra.

So cost enters the picture and what you're getting for the $s. And I wanted quality and warrantee. Two years is better than one.

But foremost if your full timing from our perspective...can't afford a "hander queen" and we wanted customer support to be there. That in the end pushed us in this direction...oh, if it aint the floorplan you love, you'll be going back for a second coach and that is expensive.

Last, be prepared to walk if they are not willing to cut you a price well below MSRP. That seems to be somewhere between 28 - 32%. But some are doing better!
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:37 AM   #5

After you decide on a MH, this checklist might be useful.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:42 AM   #6

It took us almost 2yrs. to decide on which coach would best fit our needs. It's hard but try to stay calm when you see what you think is the perfect one. No matter what you're told by a salesman, don't settle for anything less than what you exactly want. After all you'll be the one living in it, not him or her. How do you decide which is right for you? Lots of leg work, and internet searching. Don't be in a rush, take your time. When you do decide on the one you want...take a time out, maybe a day or so to really think about it. It's like buying a new car, the last thing the sales person wants is for a customer to "think it over". If indeed it is the coach for you, then a day or so won't really matter will it?
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:34 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I might add, as you are looking at floor plans, kick the salesman out, and just sit in the coach. Lay down on the bed. Imagine yourself in the coach as you want to live or camp. Spend an hour in it. It'll be an hour well spent
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome