Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2014, 09:17 PM   #1

Need help with inverter/charger remote cable

I just changed out the old xantrex freedom 458 with a xantrex sw 3012, I also have change the remote to the xanbus system control panel (scp). I did not, however, buy a new cable for the remote. Can anybody tell me if they are the same cable?
Fishkc10boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2014, 05:39 AM   #2

I do not believe they are the same. The new Xantrex inverter/chargers use a RJ-45 CAT5 twisted pair type cable that is "straight thru", not a crossover for networked communications. You can get one at any computer store. Make sure you purchase a "straight thru" (T568A standard!!) and NOT a crossover cable.

EDIT: I just did a quick check to confirm and found 2 different tech docs from Xantrex that each say something completely different. 1 says it does follow the 568A standard and the other says it does not. How silly. NOW I would call to find out how your xanbus network is setup to ensure I am correct.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:39 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Hi,

I know this is an older post, but I am wondering how you came out on the cable? I just had our 458 replaced with with the 3012 as well. BUT the difference was that the tech at Xantrex said we didn't have to replace the cable and sold us a pair of adapters for each end of the old telephone-type cable.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:17 AM   #4

I replaced the cable because I changed out the panel inside the coach. I could have stayed with the old cable and panel. I just chose the new one for upgrades later. If you have any other questions just ask. I racked my brain over all of this.
Fishkc10boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 06:40 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
We are using the new XSCP as well, but it's working fine with the adapters and old cable. We did not install the AGS though, so maybe that would require us to have the new cable? We just brought it back into Holland Motorhome because somethings were not working on the generator. I think I'll make a post so others don't run into the same problem. From what I gather, there's two inputs for power and two outputs. Our's being a 2002, only had one output, causing the generator and a few plugs on that same circuit not to work on shore power and generator. So with the help of Xantrex, they added a jumper on the 'out' side and now we're in business!

Thank you for getting back to me on the cable question!

Tags
inverter, need help