Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2015, 04:00 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Need windshield replacement near Vancouver, BC

During this past summer's trip up north (Alaska, Yukon and Northwest Territories) a passing pick-up truck through rocks into both of our windshields. Now that we are back home in the Vancouver, BC area I need to get both front windshields replaced so I would like to hear of any recommendations for glass suppliers/installers in this area.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2015, 04:31 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I just had a windshield installed at the local Speedy auto in Squamish. No problems.

John
jporietis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 04:31 PM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
If you are unto a drive south to Coburg, OR, I'd recommend RV Glass solutions. They are one of the largest suppliers of RV windshield glass and do installation/replacements on site. They provide electrical hookups for overnight stays. Plus, no sales tax in Oregon.
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 04:41 PM   #4
DWB

Spartan Chassis
Thumbs up RV Glass Solutions

I would echo Fleetman's recommendation of RV Glass Solutions in Coburg, Or. We had our Travel Supreme glass reinstalled to correct faulty workmanship from another glass firm. RV Glass Solutions were very professional and knew their product and procedures.
Dave B
Old 09-23-2015, 05:26 PM   #5
isa

Triple E Owners Club
Lang's glass on Minoru Boulevard in Richmond, B.C. replaced the front window of my 2000 Triple E Commander. They did ask me to give them the data found on the bottom right hand side of the window to order the replacement window. Took them about 3 days to get the replacement and about 1 day for the installation. Have to let the new sealant harden, the longer the better.

Many, many years ago I also had Speedy Autoglass on Yale Road in Chilliwack also replace a front window.
isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 06:04 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks for the replies given so far.

I am looking into the possibility of getting RV Glass Solutions in Coburg, OR to do the job, in fact I already have a quote from them. I would prefer having it done by someone with significant experience but our insurance carrier does not seem to be very open to that approach.

I need to get some local quotes and compare them and then talk to the insurance adjuster again. If they are flexible and the numbers come out right I may be able to talk them allowing a cross border installation or provide a cash settlement that will allow me to get it done in Oregon when we go through on our way to Arizona in early January.

If I can't make the RV Glass Solutions install work I want to get the best and most experienced local installer.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:25 PM   #7

I have used RV glass in Coburg. Very professional and my Canadian insurance company had no problem with using them. I payed for it up front and they reimbursed me right away. It is a good deal for the insurance company. 2400$ for both windows in my coach. The same in Canada was over 4000$ and the glass comes from the same manufacturer, which I believe is RV Glass.

Tags
ace, replace, replacement