RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-02-2017, 09:24 PM   #15

Country Coach Owners Club
If you had your oil changed before you left home, you should be good until you get back home
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2017, 08:16 PM   #16

Freightliner Owners Club
Blue Beacon for a wash and speedco for a oil change and lube. Most of the time they are next door to each other.
Leary54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 10:41 PM   #17

Hmm, never thought changing oil or washing the rig in a campground, would be a big deal.

Use a 2.5 gallon hydraulic oil container for waste oil, and can dump at local service center. But could see how carying that full time would seem like a waste of storage space. Have to think about that.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:57 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by trx430ex View Post
Hmm, never thought changing oil or washing the rig in a campground, would be a big deal.

Use a 2.5 gallon hydraulic oil container for waste oil, and can dump at local service center. But could see how carying that full time would seem like a waste of storage space. Have to think about that.

I have a dually pickup and found a place behind the rear wheels up inside the fender to carry a large plastic oil pan with spout. I do have to remove a fender support everytime I need the oil pan and then also use a bungie strap to keep it secure. I change oil every 5k miles, so average twice a year. Yesterday I checked a neighbor RV'rs truck when he complained of oil spots on the ground. I discovered the oil drain plug to be loose, ready to fall out, and he had recently had his oil changed at a dealer!! It pays to do your own work.
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 07:54 PM   #19

Ford dealer should do it for you.
asuperheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 06:38 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindstone01 View Post
I usually change my own oil but can do it so fast the CG never knew it happen. If there are postings or warnings, I would not change the oil, but otherwise just beg for forgiveness.
It's what I would do if necessary. Our 3-4 month trips are in the summer and I change oil before we go and it's lasts thru the summer trip.

I don't get why CG frown on washing the coach. I've washed it at several public CG and 2 private CG and except for one time at the private CG I was never asked to stop. And at the place I was asked to stop I was actually washing the towed, which gets much dirty than the coach. Is water that expensive. I bet I don't use 10 gallons when I was the coach with a hose nozzle.
Towing a '14 Honda CRV
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 07:21 PM   #21

Outdoors RV Owners Club
My guess is some campgrounds don't allow it because a few careless people spilled oil in the past. I'm sure they hope their guests will respect their wishes.