Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2022, 11:40 PM   #1

New rig use help

New to class A here. We have a new to us 2019 bounder 36fp. I am new the class a world and I’m clueless on how to manage the electrical components. Any help in explaining the different components to me and how to use them would be huge. Or point me in the direction of the proper thread. Thank you all in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	83E1E2E3-803F-44CD-8407-C27DA2286B2E.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	354.4 KB
ID:	373491   Click image for larger version

Name:	A2CCBC33-A105-4668-BC27-ECCDE65473EC.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	296.0 KB
ID:	373492  

Click image for larger version

Name:	41B3004D-1F13-4508-B107-3F91AE166112.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	345.8 KB
ID:	373493  
BRUNO85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2022, 03:41 AM   #2

Do you have the coach manuals for the coach? If so, READ THEM! And once you’ve read thru them, READ THEM again.

You’ve joined a good group here - and there is plenty to be gained by just reading the various threads. Just scroll the list of “Unanswered Posts” or “New Posts” or any of the Forum threads in general, and read. The more you read about others dilemmas, the more you’ll pick up from those who respond to whatever issues others may have.

But we can’t unscrew your head and dump the knowledge in.

Once you’ve read, if you still don’t understand how specific things work, ask questions.

Oh, and it’s likely the book for the coach doesn’t have all the coach builder added appliances and such in the book. Locate the model and serial numbers for any and everything you can in your coach and use both the Files section of this site, and or just thru Net surfing, to locate the Owner/Operator manuals for things like your refrigerator, cooktop, oven (if equipped), microwave, toilet(s), chassis, engine, water heater, furnace, etc., etc., etc..
Old 08-13-2022, 04:30 AM   #3

Look for videos on YouTube for each of the components and for documentation from each of the manufacturers, not of the coach but of the individual components. It is usually more informative then what is provided by the Coach manufacturer. Coach manufacturer information is often generic so that it can apply to other variations that they build.

All the controls, especially for a newbie, can be overwhelming. It will take a inquisitive mind and research to start understanding it all. One thing at a time. How each component is integrated into your coach can vary with the coach manufacturer and model.

The coach manufacturers website may have documentation that is not in your manual(s).
MevetS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 04:30 AM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUNO85 View Post
New to class A here. We have a new to us 2019 bounder 36fp. I am new the class a world and I’m clueless on how to manage the electrical components. Any help in explaining the different components to me and how to use them would be huge. Or point me in the direction of the proper thread. Thank you all in advance!

Nice rig! Start by looking through the electrical section of your manual. You can find it here: https://www.fleetwoodrv.com/owners-manuals/

In a nutshell, you have two electrical systems. One that's like your house and one that runs off extra batteries installed in your coach. When you plug in, the "house" electrical will be available, and your batteries will charge. When you unplug, anything electrical will run off the batteries. Anything that doesn't run off the batteries either wasn't meant to run off the batteries, or the system that lets the batteries run things like the refrigerator isn't turned on. You'll need to read which is which or experiment a bit with what works and what doesn't when you aren't plugged in.

That's the very short version. Ask specific questions here or in another thread and we'll try to help. When you camp, try asking your neighbors, especially if you see someone in a Bounder. Fleetwood also has an owner's club you might be interested in checking out and their customer service is fairly responsive. Good luck!
Old 08-13-2022, 08:35 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMark52 View Post
Do you have the coach manuals for the coach? If so, READ THEM! And once you’ve read thru them, READ THEM again.

You’ve joined a good group here - and there is plenty to be gained by just reading the various threads. Just scroll the list of “Unanswered Posts” or “New Posts” or any of the Forum threads in general, and read. The more you read about others dilemmas, the more you’ll pick up from those who respond to whatever issues others may have.

But we can’t unscrew your head and dump the knowledge in.

Once you’ve read, if you still don’t understand how specific things work, ask questions.

Oh, and it’s likely the book for the coach doesn’t have all the coach builder added appliances and such in the book. Locate the model and serial numbers for any and everything you can in your coach and use both the Files section of this site, and or just thru Net surfing, to locate the Owner/Operator manuals for things like your refrigerator, cooktop, oven (if equipped), microwave, toilet(s), chassis, engine, water heater, furnace, etc., etc., etc..
This is good advice and basically what I've done. I've owned my coach for +13 years and am still learning new things. I have developed a pretty extensive library of documents that pertain to my coach. Every time I find a document that may help me in the future I download it into a folder labeled by area (House, Chassis, Engine, Generator etc).

When ever I am on a trip I still pick up my operating manual and thumb through it. It's a great resource and it answers most of my questions.

Before I post a question I always do a search.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 01:47 PM   #6

Thank you for the reply, I guess my question is helping me understand what each component does. Not how to use them. Most definitely will go over the manuals over and over. I’m looking for whT each one does for me. My point is I don’t know what the magnum controller does, as is what function does it serve and why would I play with it. I do see the how to use in the manuals, just don’t know why. Hope that kinda makes sense.
BRUNO85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 02:29 PM   #7

I just did an internet search on “Magnum Controller” and it resulted in finding a manual for a Magnum Controller. And after the index and all the warnings about electrical shock and that messing with the integrals of the unit CAN KILL YOU - there was an introduction as to what the unit does.

I’m not sure if I was looking at the specific unit you have.

Again, go to the Files section of IRV2 and see what’s available there. If you find nothing, do as I did - an internet search using your favorite search engine (I like DuckDuckGo ).

And while your posting pictures of control panels and things is a great start - personally I can’t identify what they are and/or their part/model number well enough to know I might be looking at the right manual.
So if you list the ones you don’t know about or understand - maybe list the needed information so someone else can better understand what your looking at and questioning.

And also keep in mind - when buying a used coach, or even a new coach - you never know what Options were added by the previous owner - so documentation in the coach’s book or Owner Manual may be limited or non-existent with the coach’s documentation.
Old 08-13-2022, 02:45 PM   #8
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUNO85 View Post
Thank you for the reply, I guess my question is helping me understand what each component does. Not how to use them. Most definitely will go over the manuals over and over. I’m looking for whT each one does for me. My point is I don’t know what the magnum controller does, as is what function does it serve and why would I play with it. I do see the how to use in the manuals, just don’t know why. Hope that kinda makes sense.
I'll start with the inverter if you haven't found the manual for it. Locate inverter in the Power Center and if you can't read the label snap a picture of it. Magnum has good info on their website.

You will have a large red knob in the Power Center. Turn it on. Assuming the batteries are good the Magnum Controller should light up. Push the first button once and a small green light will light and the display should read "Invert." It is now powering at least the residential fridge, if equipped, TV's and some outlets.

Read the manual and it will tell you how to set the defaults. Not hard to do and unless someone has changed them for a specific reason the defaults are fine.
Old 08-13-2022, 04:23 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Owners Manual is the first place to start. But hey that's just me.