Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2022, 09:36 AM   #1

New Shocks

Good morning all! We have a 2022 Entegra Accolade Super C and would like new Koni shocks. Where is the best place to get this done? Thank you!
TXNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2022, 11:10 AM   #2

"To get this done". Any HDT repair shop will sell and install new shocks, although the total cost will be several times the cost of DIY.
Since it came with Sachs premium shocks, I suspect you may be disappointed with Koni performance, comparatively.
If you really want a HDT premium shock, check out Bulldog HD shocks.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 05:53 PM   #3
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Best price I have found is https://www.ultrarvproducts.com/Koni...ni-Shocks-Ford
Also a sponsor here too.
Old 09-21-2022, 07:38 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I got mine at Ultra Products linked above. Good/quick shipping.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 08:27 AM   #5

Thank you for the info. We met and spoke with fellow RVer, who is a retired truck driver/log hauler and he recommended the koni. We are having issues with wind and really rough ride. We sway, get bounced around by wind etc. This just may be the rig we bought and no solution. We are waiting for the liquid springs to come out next year as well, convinced this will for sure help.
Old 09-22-2022, 10:59 AM   #6

The Koni's will help with top end sway (like approaching a uneven driveway enterance), but will do nothing for your ride and actually may make the ride a little stiffer. I put Koni's on my Diesel Pusher, but just to help sway coming into uneven driveways since they are valved different than the normal shocks. It did work for that, but I cant tell any difference on the ride. I do have a diesel pusher though so the ride is excellent to begin with.

I mean no offense, and am genuinely curious. Did you happen to drive a Class A diesel pusher with full air ride before you bought your RV?

The reason I am asking is that every once in awhile I have to move around a Freightliner M2-106 mechanic truck with a service body on it at work. That is a rough riding son of a gun. It has less than 10k miles on it. I cannot imagine taking that sucker cross country.

I recently saw a Youtube video where a couple added air ride seats to their Super C. You may try that. They added Liquid Springs as well, but still had to add air ride seats. The Youtube channel is "The Wandering Wagoners".
Old 09-23-2022, 12:32 AM   #7

I install the front and rear and you want regret getting them, very easy to install but if you don't feel comfortable take it to a good shop.
KingKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 08:02 AM   #8

We did not want a Class A. So we did not drive one. My parents had one and my husband HATED driving it so we never considered it. Plus we love the way the Super C looks and mostly it is a pleasure to drive, it is just the really high winds and hard hitting pot holes or sway you get when coming and going from a parking lot, of course my Jeep Gladiator does that as well. Not sure how that couple added liquid springs to their Super C because they are not available yet. We are in direct contact with Liquid Springs and we're told that the front springs will be ready in 3-6months and springs for the rear is still about a yr out. We would like to change out our seats and have asked Freightliner and Entegra, but no one wants to help with that for whatever reason??? As usual, once you buy their product, they don't care about you! I will check out that video! thank you for the info.
Old 09-24-2022, 11:29 AM   #9
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
When I had my 2005 Monaco Diplomat, I installed (8) of the Koni FSD shocks and saw improvement in handling, (we drive into Yosemite once a year) and ride quality. With that said, the Monaco was on a proprietary chassis (Roadmaster RR8R and used 8 shocks).

When we bought our 2014 Dutch Star new, I changed out the shocks Koni FSD's on the rear and tag and Koni RED on the front. The rear improvement was pretty much the same as the Monaco, better handling. However, the Dutch Star was on a Freightliner chassis and had Independent Front Suspension. The Koni RED shocks are an old generation of shocks and were made for straight axles. They did NOTHING to improve the ride.

About 18 months later, Koni came out with their Koni EVO shocks specifically designed for IFS, front ends. The IFS uses a really short shock. I changed the fronts to the EVO's and eliminated what I call "short chop", where the front-end chatters and would really get our front shades dancing.

I changed the shocks out on my 2019 DS to the Koni's and got the same results.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 10:07 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNP View Post
We did not want a Class A. So we did not drive one. My parents had one and my husband HATED driving it so we never considered it. Plus we love the way the Super C looks and mostly it is a pleasure to drive, it is just the really high winds and hard hitting pot holes or sway you get when coming and going from a parking lot, of course my Jeep Gladiator does that as well. Not sure how that couple added liquid springs to their Super C because they are not available yet. We are in direct contact with Liquid Springs and we're told that the front springs will be ready in 3-6months and springs for the rear is still about a yr out. We would like to change out our seats and have asked Freightliner and Entegra, but no one wants to help with that for whatever reason??? As usual, once you buy their product, they don't care about you! I will check out that video! thank you for the info.

They have them for the Super C also.
KingKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 09:22 AM   #11

Good morning, you are right, they are available for the lower GVWRs. Our GVWR is 31,000 and they are NOT available for that weight and chassis. But rear will be available in 3-6months and front won't be available for about another year.

Tags
shocks