Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2022, 11:31 AM   #15

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Don't use anything that contains oil. I have had really good luck with Brake Clean. Leaves no residue and will draw oil out of concrete. Apply and cover with clean rags. It's cheap.
Fitchburg, WI
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2022, 03:15 PM   #16

Well, put in new concrete, can't have that.
Old 10-03-2022, 04:48 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
L It isn't just an appearance issue, it also isn't good for the tires. Almost anything such as plywood, rubber mats, etc. can protect both the driveway and the tires from each other. Probably not necessary for just a short stopover, but highly recommended for longer term parking. You probably would have had the same issue over at Bella Terra with the new tires. Good luck with the cleaning! Ed
Any substantial reference to the not good for tires issue? Never heard of that.
Old 10-03-2022, 05:18 PM   #18

Dont worry.. When you park it back there you will never see them
Mr Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 07:42 PM   #19
NRR

Solo Rvers Club
Lori, just go on. Not an issue to concern yourself with. As you know, there are bigger things to focus your attention on. Like getting up tomorrow and enjoying the day.

Peace…
NRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 08:04 PM   #20
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
You're right. I'm fussin' over nothin'. In the grand scheme of things, I need to take my own advice to heart: "Don't sweat the petty stuff & don't pet the sweaty stuff."

Thanks to all who provided advice. I may try a couple more things, but if the don't come off, they don't come off.
There is great need for a sarcasm font.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 08:31 PM   #21

Lori buy a box of commercial concrete cleaner to remove stains. Once you get all stains off, coat the concrete with a sealer. The easiest way is to use a pump sprayer to apply the sealer.
Any big box store has the supplies and will advise you of the technique. Lack of sealer is why the tires left imprints.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 11:35 PM   #22
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Thanks Ray. Yeah, the concrete wasn't sealed. The company that installed it was supposed to come out the next year to seal it. When I called to schedule (middle of COVID), I was told they lost employees during & dropped sealing from their services because they didn't have the manpower to do it anymore.

Unfortunately, while I may be able to spot clean, I'm not able to clean the entire driveway nor seal it by myself. It'll just have to be the way it is.
Old 10-04-2022, 11:20 AM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I've heard that muriatic acid (commonly used for swimming pools) does a good job of cleaning concrete. Pour it on, brush it in with a push broom, then hose it off.
Old 10-04-2022, 05:37 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_Hepburn View Post
I've heard that muriatic acid (commonly used for swimming pools) does a good job of cleaning concrete. Pour it on, brush it in with a push broom, then hose it off.

I've never heard of using it that way. I do know brick-layers use muratic acid to remove excess mortar(the acid eats away the thin layer of mortar-which is basic) from brick-face after the mortar within the joints have hardened and set for a few weeks.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 11:49 PM   #25

Well,
I just wonder why all the worry in the first place. I mean, if this is a place where you're continually store your RV, why in the world worry about a few tire marks? Yeah, I know, new concrete is nice but that's what concretes for, TO PARK ON. As has been stated, you can get something to park on like pieces of carpet, some plywood, plastic (like cutting boards) and more. I don't mean to be condescending or even any form of sarcastic but, that concrete's not gonna be new forever. Eventually it's gonna be marked on by all sorts of things. It's your concrete so do what you feel is necessary.

When we were about to move into our brand-new home here in Lake Havasu, I had the RV garage floor and the two-car garage floor totally epoxied. It looked outstanding. A buddy of mine told me to get some wazoo floor mats so my tires wouldn't leave marks. That's what the epoxy is for, TO PARK ON. Yes, I have some slight darker stains where that RV parks, big deal. The rest of the floor still looks outstanding after 8.5 years of constant usage.
Scott

P.S. I myself would not be too quick to jump on pressure washing concrete. Depending on the pressure of the nozzle and just how close and aggressive one gets with the nozzle, you can wash what's called the "soup" off the top of the concrete. That's what makes your concrete have a smoother surface. A pressure washer CAN knock a lot of that soup/fine finish off and leave you with a very rough surface. I've seen it a few times so, just some info for ya. Good luck. Oh, and be careful on the use of Muriatic acid too. Yep, it cleans concrete all right but, just like the pressure washer, it eats the surface too.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 02:02 PM   #26
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Thank you to all who responded. I do appreciate the suggestions.

Back in post 20, I already decided to not fret over it anymore (for those who haven't read the whole thread). I'll get the flex cutting boards when I bring her home in the spring, but the stains can just stay & wear off in time...or not.
Old 10-09-2022, 03:47 PM   #27

Even tho you aren't going to worry about it anymore... take some Dawn dish soap and squirt it on there..... let it sit a day or so, scrub it a bit with a brush and hose it off.
Old 10-09-2022, 03:52 PM   #28

Mats

Head to the closest Big Lots, Odd Lots or Ollies and buy some cheap door mats to put down on the driveway whenever you bring the coach home. As others have stated, those marks will come right up with a power washer or wear off, albeit slower, by themselves. Just be aware, if you have never used a power washer on your driveway, you will end up doing the whole thing because of the new really clean spots where the tire marks used to be!
RETPS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
test, tire, tires