Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2023, 06:26 PM   #15

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I found a TST-770 monitor (to replace my TST-507) on Ebay new in the box for $115.00 & snatched it up immediately finding they're hard to get at this point & what the retail price is & TechnoRV was BO at the time 3 weeks ago. What a smart unit!! BIG screen over the 507 & I really like the battery monitor of the Sensors. Gonna sell my TST-507 on Ebay. Ebay currently has one for $200.00
groveln is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2023, 08:28 PM   #16

I bought the 770 color monitor as soon as it was released. For me, it was a good upgrade. Very easy to program. I programmed 10 sensors by just walking up to each sensor, total time, about 10 min. In general the display is very readable, but at certain sun angels it is still hard to read. I also rebuild each sensor with new battery and o-ring every 12 months. For the repeater, I wired to a cigarette lighter plug and use the 12v outlet in one of my bays. Velcro on repeater attaches to carpet on bay wall.
Old 01-28-2023, 06:01 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
I have nearly identical sentiments as Dutch Star Don. I look at my monitor before getting on the road and after that, I’m not needing anything to clutter up my dash or get in my field of vision. Bigger isn’t always better. Between the speedo and GPS, how many more gadgets do I need to tell me how fast I’m going?
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 06:37 AM   #18

I like my dash uncluttered! I built a new center console for my dash and included a place for my TST monitor, (left side below the rear/side view monitor). I only look at it occasionally because it has sound alerts to notify me, and I know it works because on cold morning it goes off till the tires heat up and the pressures come back up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	77F0E406-3D24-4E9D-B4F9-C7AEF408BC15.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	342.1 KB
ID:	385181  
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 02:33 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by moisheh View Post
The repeater uses a #18 wire. They told me it has to be mounted inside. Not easy to get a wire from the basement to the interior. I would have to drop the basement ceiling. I will take a close look. Maybe I could use an 110 to 12 volt brick from an old device

I put small alligator clips on the repeater leads then clipped them to the house batteries. Been that way since 2013 with no issues. For storage i just remove the negative clip.
BTW, my sensor batteries last 3-4 years, and i but the cheapies at flea-markets; $2 for 10 2016 batteries. I seldom find a bad battery, but for the price I can't complain.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 05:02 PM   #20
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
On my 40' Freightliner chassis, I experienced some signal loss issues without a repeater. I bought the repeater and mounted it to the front wall of the chassis battery bay at the passenger side rear of the coach. I used a self-tapping screw to secure the unit and the ground wire. I ran the power wire, with a fuse, to one of the hot terminals in the battery bay. It's worked well there on both of my Dutch Stars for the past 8 years. Neither one is ever powered off.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 09:22 PM   #21

Yes, the repeater needs to be used. I mounted mine in the LR electrical compartment. There was 12V power there due to the converter being back there. I Never lose the signal.
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 07:55 AM   #22

Thanks Don.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 02:49 PM   #23

I have a TST system Old style color monitor. I borrowed a car dolly/toter a couple years ago. Tires were old. I had one shred on me and the System went off. I would have not known it right away I could not feel anything.

I did not like the dolly but that is another story. I will put the cap sensors on the vehicle I am going to set up to flat tow.

I have a buddy who tows a trailer and it has saved him twice from tires going flat. Since he knew they were going down he slowed way down to prevent them from shredding and damaging a very expensive trailer.

What ever you do just get a good system and get it on your coach!
Old 02-02-2023, 02:59 PM   #24

Loving my TST

Quote:
We are at Q and there is a booth selling the new TST tire pressure monitor. While I eas there they sold a bunch. The booth is manned by Technorv
Personally. They have a lot of knowledge on the ystems but they are trying to serve multiple customers at the same time. I spoke to customer service at Technorv and he answered all my questions. It is an impressive device BUT it is super expensive . For a 12 sensor setup ( tag axle and toad) it is over $850 plus tax. Touch 5 inch screen. Flow through sensors and repeater. They had a tech at the booth to help ypu with the Initial setup. Looked very easy. I did not buy it YET. I wonder if the price will scare away many customers triggering a big price drop.
I have been skeptical of these systems. My original pressure pro was useless.
Bought an early version TST and it was not much better. Has anyone here had a chance to check it out?
Thanks
I have been using a TST for several years. Just purchased the new TST monitor at the Quartszite tent. Yes the system is expensive. But if it prevents one blowout, saving you from the damage that is causes, the additional expense and perhaps the loss of time to go RVing, IMHO, it paid for itself. Yes you can check the tire pressure before you start your travel everyday, but that won’t let you know if you picked up a mail/screw,etc while you are moving.

Yes the new monitor is expensive. But there were three new easy to use functions that made it worthwhile for me. The ability to disconnect the trailer(s) and just monitor the truck, checking the sensor voltages, and the ability to reassign the sensors to different tires when they’ve been rotated.
It is also easier to read because it is BIG.

Good luck in your decision.
IRN83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 03:45 PM   #25

Quote:
The repeater uses a #18 wire. They told me it has to be mounted inside. Not easy to get a wire from the basement to the interior. I would have to drop the basement ceiling. I will take a close look. Maybe I could use an 110 to 12 volt brick from an old device
I have the EezTire TPMS. I mounted the repeater for it on the back wall of our moho (in the closet). I tapped into the 12v power going to the light in the closet.
Kxbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 03:49 PM   #26

Gulf Streamers Club
I have had the 507 system for many years. Last year I replaced my original monitor because every so often I got a high pressure alarm saying my tire was over 500+ pounds. TST said it was a known issue due to a new style of sensor out in the wild and when my old system came in range of a unit with the new sensors, it would be picked up by my old monitor and not know what to do so the false alarms would sound. I got the new color monitor ans the false alarms want away. I am not really impressed with the color screen, it is to hard to read in some lighting conditions and wish I had gotten the Monochrome version. Other than that, I would not get any other system.
Old 02-02-2023, 04:29 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer268 View Post
I have had the 507 system for many years. Last year I replaced my original monitor because every so often I got a high pressure alarm saying my tire was over 500+ pounds. TST said it was a known issue due to a new style of sensor out in the wild and when my old system came in range of a unit with the new sensors, it would be picked up by my old monitor and not know what to do so the false alarms would sound. I got the new color monitor ans the false alarms want away. I am not really impressed with the color screen, it is to hard to read in some lighting conditions and wish I had gotten the Monochrome version. Other than that, I would not get any other system.
I have/had the same issues with the old TST B/W monitor and false alarms. Sad part is that TST released the engineering change just weeks after I purchased my unit for big bucks and would not stand behind their product. The lead engineer knew exactly why the existing systems in the field would break and even a VP of TST said too bad buy a new monitor. The color monitor washed out a lot and isn't as readible as the old monochrome monitor.

I have a friend with a Tire Minder system (for years) and still gets product support and sensor exchanges ANYTIME there is any blip. If I were to do it all again I seriously look at alternatives. I would highly value a company that stands behind their product and values customer support rather than one that says in effect, "too bad, buy something new...". Was it planned obsolescence or just an engineering oversight? Hard to say, but company attitude makes a difference.
Attached demonstrates the false alarms of over 430 psi when the pressure is dangerously low. The flow thru sensors read over 500 psi while the short caps read over 400 psi.

As for the repeater, mine is mounted high in the engine bay, and I tapped into a switched 12V source from the rear run box.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210105_204815627.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	332.4 KB
ID:	385645  
Old 02-02-2023, 08:02 PM   #28

TST Monitoring System

I have had a TST flow through system on my 30' Airstream since 2020. Never an issue with the system. Was easy to set up and I have never had to replace the batteries. I put one on the spare tire also. To me it was worth the money not to worry about flats doing damage to TV.
Scullet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tpms