Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2023, 08:52 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by groveln View Post
I found a TST-770 monitor (to replace my TST-507) on Ebay new in the box for $115.00 & snatched it up immediately finding they're hard to get at this point & what the retail price is & TechnoRV was BO at the time 3 weeks ago. What a smart unit!! BIG screen over the 507 & I really like the battery monitor of the Sensors. Gonna sell my TST-507 on Ebay. Ebay currently has one for $200.00
I've been a happy TST-507 user since 2018 using a combination of flow-through and regular sensors on my RV and toad. I was interested in the new 770 monitor but called TST to learn that older sensors are NOT COMPATIBLE with the newer screen/system. They can give you a serial number or purchase date that can be found within the sensor to check yours. I didn't see anyone mention that in all of these posts. I would invest a few hundred for the new screen but was not willing to buy 10 new sensors to make it work. Were other 507 users not told to check this on their older sensors?
ArkRVHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2023, 06:40 AM   #30

I prefer to keep it simple. I use a Direct TPMS made by Quick Pressure. It is a simple valve cap which show green with proper inflation and red if pressure drops 10%. I have had expensive TPMS with remote sensors and monitor which I have found to be a PITA and unreliable. At every rest or fuel stop I always do a walk around which is good enough for me.
melnoelhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 09:14 AM   #31

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I bought a new tire pressure monitoring system while at Quartzsite 2023. Had a old 2005 Pressure Pro unit, but batteries were dead in the 6 valve head units. Mfg wants $90 EACH for new valve cap units! Batteries cannot be replaced by user, so it was cheaper buying a whole new setup. So I bought an InnoTechRV 6 cap unit for $290. Spoke to Craig M., a nice chap with a heavy Aussie accent. He was the program designer for the unit, fun speaking to him listening to how his program works.

InnoTechRV units are not a pass thru valve, but that makes them smaller & lighter. Monitor is small, has an extendable antenna, window suction cup mount included. Batteries are #CR1632, can be replaced in the field., and 12 of them were included. Estimated life was 2 years per battery.

Only problem I encountered was with my valve stems. I couldn’t use the locking nut under the cap because the threads on a few of my valve stem were a bit short, needed to be a few threads longer. Caps work ok without nut under it, but leak with nut. So here’s the problem. Schrader valves have a strange thread, it is a 0.305 x 32 tpi, or 7mm x 32 tpi. Not commonly found. Found a tap & die set for both the internal and external threads of the Schrader valves for $16 on ebay, ran the die down on the valve stem just two turns and I was able to use the locking nut with no leaking. Of course you can use the caps without the security nut just as well.
Jchemie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 09:47 AM   #32

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
melnoelhorn...Keeping it "Simple" is generally always better but not being able to monitor your tires while rolling down the Interstates at posted speeds how can you possibly know of a air pressure loss until it's too late. As we all know too well it's the Danger & Damage the tire does to the rigs when they come apart than a flat tire. My TST System saved me the first season I had it. Rolling I-90 at 68 mph & get a Rapid Air Loss Alarm in the Right side trailer tire I'm towing behind my coach. I Immediately pulled to the side with 18 psi. of the 45 psi. left in the tire & found the problem a bad valve stem. Had I not had my TST system it would've been a Dangerous & Expensive Disaster having Absolutely NO idea the tire was going down & fast. It's an investment in your equipment as well as safety for you & others we share the roads with in my opinion. To each his own.
groveln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 02:55 PM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I just pulled a hot off of the "trunk" light in my pusher. Used some zip ties to keep if from flopping around. I have a side radiator and YMMV, but I imagine you could pull off of a back bay light. Easy enough to check to see if it works before making it all pretty.
cousinrawb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 06:35 PM   #34

Cousin rob.
Great idea. I have lots of 12 volt power in the engine bay. Thanks.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tpms