Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2015, 12:47 PM   #1

No cruise control

NO CRUISE CONTROL
During our last trip June/July 2015, I posted that our cruise control would not lock in. The dash icon light illuminates but the cruise does not work. Now that we are home, I would like some help to repair it.
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 39V with Cat C7.
The cruise operates from the turn signal staff. Since the C/C icon light on the dash illuminates, I don’t suspect a fuse. But, I have not been able to locate a fuse for the C/C.
Freightliner Customer Service states that a fuse was installed by them but Fleetwood would have located it in the coach body. Fleetwood states that the fuse is located somewhere at the driver’s side front of the coach. There are no fuses in the generator compartment or the driver’s side outside storage compartments. The only fuses under the dash are behind the center dash door. None are marked for the C/C.
Does anyone know where the C/C fuse is located for a 2007 Fleetwood Discovery 39V with a Cat C7?
I have also checked the following because of info from this forum or Freightliner:
1. Brake light bulbs & operation: Good
2. Two air operated switches at the base of the brake pedal: Good
3. Turn signal staff wiring harness connections: Good

· There are no solenoids on this model. The C/C functions are electronic.
· The fast idle (cold engine) function of the C/C does not work. But I don’t know if it ever did. I have never used it.

Walter Furniss
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 39V Cat C7
Furniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2015, 11:05 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furniss View Post
NO CRUISE CONTROL
During our last trip June/July 2015, I posted that our cruise control would not lock in. The dash icon light illuminates but the cruise does not work. Now that we are home, I would like some help to repair it.
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 39V with Cat C7.
The cruise operates from the turn signal staff. Since the C/C icon light on the dash illuminates, I don’t suspect a fuse. But, I have not been able to locate a fuse for the C/C.
Freightliner Customer Service states that a fuse was installed by them but Fleetwood would have located it in the coach body. Fleetwood states that the fuse is located somewhere at the driver’s side front of the coach. There are no fuses in the generator compartment or the driver’s side outside storage compartments. The only fuses under the dash are behind the center dash door. None are marked for the C/C.
Does anyone know where the C/C fuse is located for a 2007 Fleetwood Discovery 39V with a Cat C7?
I have also checked the following because of info from this forum or Freightliner:
1. Brake light bulbs & operation: Good
2. Two air operated switches at the base of the brake pedal: Good
3. Turn signal staff wiring harness connections: Good

· There are no solenoids on this model. The C/C functions are electronic.
· The fast idle (cold engine) function of the C/C does not work. But I don’t know if it ever did. I have never used it.

Walter Furniss
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 39V Cat C7
Did youlook at the engine to determine how it controls the throttle,i.e.eletronic or mechanical linkage?
WRENCH18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 11:19 PM   #3

Triple E Owners Club
Cat C7 is electronic.

Dave
1999 Triple E Signature 35.5
Cat 3126B
Kuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 05:31 AM   #4

no cruise control

Kuzzy & wrench18 Thank you for your reply . As stated in my original post , the C/C is electronic not mechanical . I am still looking for a fuse location , or if the C/C is equipped with a fuse .

Furniss
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 39V - Cat C7
Furniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 07:37 PM   #5

I know you've looked at the two brake switch's at the bottom of the brake treadle, since you said you checked Two air operated switches at the base of the brake pedal.

Is there any chance there is a small amount of corrosion on one of these switches?

There have been reported cases of corrosion providing enough voltage to kick off the cruise control without affecting the operation of the brake lights.

Fred
Old 08-15-2015, 10:52 PM   #6
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"Furniss"....I was a Monaco guy with a Roadmaster chassis up until last year when I bought my first Freightliner, so I'm not as familiar with Freightliners as I was with Roadmaster.

On my 2014 Freightliner, the fuses you're looking for are in the right rear compartment where my start batteries are located. There is a small box with fuses. Take a look around your starting batteries.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruise control