Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2016, 08:03 AM   #29

No power to crock pot while traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich-n-Linda View Post
Manuals for older coaches are readily available with a little research. There's this new thing called the Internet.

Ever heard of it? 😉

OP has a 2013 and asked for help. I think they already got it.
Diane and Murray, if you call Thor they will help you out with a manual or a pdf file.
We wish you Happy Trails with your Citation!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2016, 08:44 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderman View Post
Just curious, who is going to be wearing the crock pot or its contents if you need to panic stop??

Cooking while traveling, not a good idea.
Really??? I don't really see it as an issue. We run ours all the time while travelling. We set it in the sink so it is pretty contained and never had it close to coming out even in panic situations. That said I wouldn't just set it on the countertop It's great to have dinner ready when you arrive late at a campground and if you use a liner bag in the crockpot there's almost no cleanup.
Old 09-28-2016, 05:05 PM   #31

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
We use crockpot cooking in the sink all the time while driving. Put a rubber band on to hold the lid on just in case.
Kiawah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 06:36 PM   #32

Workhorse Chassis Owner
My wife and I never thought of doing this the many times we've traveled with the generator running for the roof air. Never thought we could be cooking our end of the day meal while on the road! We like the idea and are planning on doing it the next time we're on the road.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 06:53 PM   #33

Fleetwood Owners Club
we do the same , that is use the crock pot in the sink .. We do have a couple of inverter controlled outlets on the counter .. A towel in the sink for the pot to rest on
eliminated rattles and scratches and possible spills..
Old 09-28-2016, 07:02 PM   #34

Apparently I am highly out numbered on this one. Of course many people also text while driving. So just because they do it doesn't make it safe or the proper thing to do. I hope you all stay safe.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
powderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 06:19 AM   #35

I don't see how food, in a covered pot, in the sink, can be anymore of a hazard than the hundreds of other loose items in the average motorhome.

Personally, I'd be WAY more concerned about the 4 loose 'S & B style' kitchen chairs I see in so many units. Those chairs are there for EVERY mile the unit does, not just the few hundred miles the odd time you use a crock pot.
Old 09-29-2016, 04:26 PM   #36

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yep, realistically if something happens that makes your crockpot setting in a sink turn into a ufo, you probably have more serious things to worry about than the crockpot and hot food.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 04:35 PM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
LOOK ! up in the sky . It's a bird , no a plane . Nope just a pot roast
Old 09-30-2016, 08:51 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiawah View Post
We use crockpot cooking in the sink all the time while driving. Put a rubber band on to hold the lid on just in case.
My DW bought a crock-pot that has latches to hold the lid closed, meant for transporting to dinners, etc., works great sitting in the sink.
We run the genset for power, and for heating or cooling, whichever is desired.

I do apologize to everyone; I was wrong about wattage for a 120V crockpot. It is about 300W.
A 12VDC crockpot draws about 6.5ADC.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 04:54 AM   #39

Our 2.5 qt crock pot label says 120 volt 90 watts..not much draw on the inverter.
Polyian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 05:48 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
My DW bought a crock-pot that has latches to hold the lid closed, meant for transporting to dinners, etc., works great sitting in the sink.
We run the genset for power, and for heating or cooling, whichever is desired.

I do apologize to everyone; I was wrong about wattage for a 120V crockpot. It is about 300W.
A 12VDC crockpot draws about 6.5ADC.
All depends on size. I have a small one that draws 60 watts. Just check it out, so that your inverter will power what ever size you have, or buy one small enough to work. I think 300 must be a pretty big one?
mpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 05:52 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderman View Post
Apparently I am highly out numbered on this one. Of course many people also text while driving. So just because they do it doesn't make it safe or the proper thing to do. I hope you all stay safe.
Good Lord! So, driving with a crock pot in the sink, is "unsafe"? Wow.

I hope you have tie down latches on every drawer. I hope you do not have a single thing loose in YOUR MH.

The ONLY way a crock pot, IN A SINK, could become a safety issue, is in a head on collision or a roll over. At that point, there are MANY things of a greater concern than a crock pot 20 feet behind me!

I cook all the time in my Peterbilt, with the crock pot set on the floor of the sleeper. No panic stop can make it move. Again, a head on or a roll over would be the ONLY problem. I will have bigger worries at that time!
mpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 08:10 AM   #42

We also use a smaller Crockpot in the motorhome. One with traditional basic control (i.e. - a 3 position switch - not electronic). Runs just fine off the MSW inverter. ~12 amps on high setting. If not driving the solar runs it with charging capacity left over

Tags
power, travel