Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2011, 08:12 AM   #1

Norcold No Fl on electric

When we try to run our refrigerator on AC, we get a "No Fl" message along with the audible tone. Everything I can find leads me to believe that the "No Fl" error message is associated with operating the refrigerator on LP, and means no flame.

But it runs just fine on LP.

Any thoughts?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2011, 09:44 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtom View Post
When we try to run our refrigerator on AC, we get a "No Fl" message along with the audible tone. Everything I can find leads me to believe that the "No Fl" error message is associated with operating the refrigerator on LP, and means no flame.

But it runs just fine on LP.

Any thoughts?
Welcome to IRV2. Hope someone can answer your question. If not, you may want to post it on the RV Appliance Forum .

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:09 AM   #3
paz

"No Fl" does indeed mean no flame. If you have the fridge set for auto and there is no 120v power available, it will try to run on LP. If the flame does not light or goes out, you will get the "No Fl" message. You may need to clean the burner tube. Some rust from the stack may have fallen down onto the burner or onto the ignighter.

If, on the other hand, the fridge is set for auto and you are plugged into shore power or are running the generator and you get a "No Fl" error message, you have a problem with your 120V power and with the burner/ignighter.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:07 AM   #4

It is set on AC when we have the problem. If I change it to LP or Auto it runs as it should on LP. So I am guessing it is a problem with the AC igniter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paz View Post
"No Fl" does indeed mean no flame. If you have the fridge set for auto and there is no 120v power available, it will try to run on LP. If the flame does not light or goes out, you will get the "No Fl" message. You may need to clean the burner tube. Some rust from the stack may have fallen down onto the burner or onto the ignighter.

If, on the other hand, the fridge is set for auto and you are plugged into shore power or are running the generator and you get a "No Fl" error message, you have a problem with your 120V power and with the burner/ignighter.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:51 AM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Or the 120v power to the fridge..
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:02 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

If I understand it correctly, when you set it to AUTO it goes to LP mode and runs fine. That means the fridge circuit board cannot detect and 120vac power, so it switches to LP mode. Either you have no 120v power to the fridge, or the circuit board is messed up.

You say that No Fl is displayed even though LP mode is working fine? That certainly suggests a circuit board problem. No Fl should not be displayed if the LP flame is lit and the fridge cooling in that mode.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
If I understand it correctly, when you set it to AUTO it goes to LP mode and runs fine. That means the fridge circuit board cannot detect and 120vac power, so it switches to LP mode. Either you have no 120v power to the fridge, or the circuit board is messed up.

You say that No Fl is displayed even though LP mode is working fine? That certainly suggests a circuit board problem. No Fl should not be displayed if the LP flame is lit and the fridge cooling in that mode.
No, we don't get any error messages when running on LP. Only on AC do we get the No Fl message. And manuals, google, etc. only reference the No Fl error message appearing when running on LP. That is what is puzzling.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:58 PM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
I'd have the control board looked at.
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 05:34 AM   #9
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtom View Post
No, we don't get any error messages when running on LP. Only on AC do we get the No Fl message. And manuals, google, etc. only reference the No Fl error message appearing when running on LP. That is what is puzzling.
I'm with Gary and Jim, if the fridge is working fine on LP and you only get the No Fl error message when operating on AC when there is not supposed to be a flame, it sounds like your control board is messed up.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:19 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
I'm also with Gary but in addition be sure you have power going to your heating element, it could be a bad heating element.
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:00 AM   #11

I had this same problem and discovered that I had not set it on Auto correctly. When you scroll through the options and AU comes up, press and hold on the AU for several seconds and it will be set on Auto.

This solved my problem. I hope yours is this simple.

Don
akadeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
norcold