Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-02-2018, 07:50 PM   #1

Note for monochrome monitor owners.

Tadi Brothers is running a sale on their wired RV rearview system. It is $194.99 and includes a 7" color monitor and color camera (with IR, no sound). If you are like me and replacing an older Voyager model, you will need adapters. Just send them a picture of your monitor and camera cable ends, and they will match up the connections. I am supposed to receive a plug-and-play solution. I will keep y'all updated on the quality of picture and ease of installation.
DryCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2018, 10:02 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the tip!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 03:57 AM   #3

UPDATE

Well, I received the system. While the salesman was all rainbows and unicorns - assuring me that since I sent pictures of the video cables it would pretty much be plug-and-play. Right out of the box I noticed that they sent the wrong adapters. I don't think that their tech guys gave much thought about how to connect the monitor end (Voyager VEC four-pin square) and even less on connecting the camera end (CEC four-pin round). I researched which adapters are needed (one needs to be specially made - camera power) and will be sending them a message later today. I will give them a chance to correct the issues before I RMA the system back to them.

Will update y'all with their response.
Old 05-17-2018, 07:02 PM   #4

Update - 2

So, after much back-and-forth, I decided to ship the kit back. They didn't have an adapter that would transfer the power in the Voyager CEC cable connection to the rear camera. That was frustrating, to say the least. If someone were to build an adapter (should be fairly easy, only 4 wires!) they could really fill an open niche in the RV world!

So, since their apparently isn't a ready-made adapter to convert the female Voyager CEC cable end into industry standard connections, I opted to build my replacement kit piecemeal. I ordered a basic 7" color monitor from Amazon for $30, and also the adapters. If you have an old Voyager B&W monitor, then you will need the following adapters on the monitor end:

OCA85E to convert the square Voyager VEC cable connection to the newer Voyager CEC round male connection.

ASA A7H-31300006 to then convert the Voyager CEC male connection to industry standard RCA jacks and power (+/-) leads.

You will have to cut the power connection currently running to the monitor (has trigger, +12VDC, and ground). I used a two-pole connector to make the installation neater and to make it easier to remove if repairs are needed. On the supply side there are single wires, but on the adapter side, you will have to connect two wires; one to power the monitor, and the other will send power down the cable to the camera. I soldered the connections and used shrink-tube to make the splices look more workmanlike. For the trigger wire I just used a male/female spade clip.

As far as the camera, since I didn't want to make my own adapter (yet), I opted for a more expensive solution and ordered a remanufactured Voyager VCMS-10B color camera from RVCams.com. It may cost more, but I don't have to worry about trying to find a separate power supply back there, and it preserves the audio. Now, I did have to use my Aux 2 connection in the dash-mounted system to play that audio - the new monitor does not offer sound.

I am mulling offering the B&W monitor and camera on the classified pages. I don't know if anyone is interested in either of them. If not, then I might just cut the power pigtail off of the B&W camera and use it to make an adapter that can be used with any off the shelf camera and be powered from the Voyager CEC cable connection!