Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2014, 07:38 AM   #15

Like Fred, we also enjoy the catalogue. It gives us ideas at least but we seldom buy from them. We don't have any stores less than about 45 minutes away and most of what we have needed or wanted comes from Amazon. We stopped at a CW in Myrtle Beach a few years ago but didn't spend much.
dapoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2014, 10:36 AM   #16

National RV Owners Club
The closest CW to us is over 200 miles and the nearest RV store with parts is over 40 miles so most RV parts/supplies shopping is online. We do stop by and look at all the good "stuff" but don't buy much at CW. Interesting to see the various items they have for sale.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 01:31 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Another vote here for RVUpgrades. I always check there first and usually find they have competitive pricing. They ship quickly and offer outstanding service.

CW is our last resort and usually only if we have a coupon.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:51 PM   #18

X3 on RVUpgrades.com. We ordered a base plate for our towed on Monday and was on the door step Wednesday. Couldn't be happier with their service. I highly recommend them.

Bruce & Teresa
40' 2000 Foretravel U320
Cummins M11 450hp
ecurb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 10:15 PM   #19

Yes on the RV Upgrades for me too.

Excellant customer service, great selection, good prices.

Lots of cool stuff too.
Old 09-28-2014, 04:29 PM   #20

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The answer depends on what you are looking for. .Most everything is sold by multiple retailers many of whom are listed above but at one time Dometic had a single outlet for parts.. Camping world, Do not know if that has changed.

I do know I found alternative sources because dang near nothing Dometic sells is actually MADE by Dometic, And even when it is a Dometic made device, the parts are often sourced from elsewhere or there is a superior 3rd party replacement.
Old 10-07-2014, 07:20 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
I get those CW sale booklets in the mail all the time. If you really pay attention, all the stuff they supposedly have on sale is the same stuff over and over again. They slip in something new occasionally. I have never seen anything I need on sale in their mailers. I live 12 mi. from one and if I am desperate, I will drive over there for a part for repair. Oddly enough, there is a local RV repair place right in front on CW that was there long before CW built there. They do a whopping business; appts can take two months during the summer, but you will get a good repair. I've bought small parts there and they always seem to have what I need where CW may not. Personally, I wouldn't take my rv to CW for any repairs unless it was a last resort. Just me rambling.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:08 AM   #22

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Only Campingworld?

I buy almost all my parts from Brazel's RV in Centralia Washington because they are very knowledgable on almost everything mechanical or suspension. They are a super nice group of people that will go out of their way to solve your problem and they are a sponsor of IRV2 as well. Talk to Jon for parts and Alan for service and either one for advice.

BTW, I was out there this past summer and I had to have them repair some CW work I had done. Wow! What a shop they have got! I am fixing the other work CW did at the same time this weekend, minor but still be prepared to fix the fix.

Alan Wilson

2001 HR Scepter 38 PBD
Old 10-08-2014, 07:44 AM   #23

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Camping world has about the best selection of things you both need and will never need of any store in the US when it comes to RV stuff.. Plus they are the authorized parts outlet for some companies (Dometic) or at least were at one time.

That said there are many RV dealers who have nearly as good a selection of things you want/need, (not so good on things you do not need) some even have a few things CW does not.

Plus Amazon, E-Bay and so on.

JC Witney

American RV (California, not Michigan, different companies, though the one in Burton, MI is a good service shop) and a long list of RV companies you will like find in the forums "Supporters" data base

For some things you will find the forum supporters to be far better than CW.. For example if I need a replacement converter, I know what I am going to buy and very likely who I'll buy it from but I might shop around a bit for a better price (not likely I will find one) I also knwo how to put it in.

But for most RVers Randy at Best Converter is your best source of both parts and advice (in fact he is likely who I will buy from)

This varies from part to part, Control boards for Furnace, Water heater, Fridge... Best board: Dinosaur board, Best source, American RV (CA).

SO if there is anything you need.. Post, you will likely get a lot of recommendations, and you can pick from them.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:16 AM   #24

I just ordered some more stuff from RVUpgrades online. I've already received an email confirming my ordered has shipped via FedEx. RVU's regular price on one of the items was over $10.00 less than the exact same item on Amazon.

I think loyalty to sponsors of iRV2.com is important.......and it doesn't necessarily cost any more.......sometimes it even saves money, and that is a win-win for sure.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:35 AM   #25

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
I just ordered some more stuff from RVUpgrades online. I've already received an email confirming my ordered has shipped via FedEx. RVU's regular price on one of the items was over $10.00 less than the exact same item on Amazon.

I think loyalty to sponsors of iRV2.com is important.......and it doesn't necessarily cost any more.......sometimes it even saves money, and that is a win-win for sure.

Totally agree not to mention that you can actually call the sponsor for hell and advice before and after the sale. Education is worth a lot!

Thanks,

Alan

2001 HR Scepter 38PBD 330 Cummins
Old 10-09-2014, 12:15 PM   #26
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
I buy almost everything I need at RVUpgrades.com, a sponsor here on iRV2.com. They often beat CW pricing, and their service is great. For those who may not know, the owner of RVU started iRv2.com and ran it out of pocket for many years......

IMO, we all owe Bill our gratitude and business for those things that can be ordered online.
I agree with Ed. The current owner of RVUpgrades and originator of IRV2.com is an exemplary individual who took an active interest in promoting the website and attended a number of the national rallies. He was always willing to take the time to answer your questions when attending some of the events.

I check the following places in order of importance when needing rv related parks:
1. RVUpgrades
2. Amazon or Ebay
3. PPL
I don't do CW for parts unless it's a must need now situation and will not use them for repairs.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:24 PM   #27

We have a good CW nearby in Tucson, use them frequently for parts and occasionally for installation. They gave us a great deal in purchase/installation of Splendide washer/dryer to replace old one. I've found some parts there at same or lower prices as internet and I get to see and hold the thing in my hands before purchase.

This week we were in and talking with cashier we got a free 2014 GS Travel Guide (the huge telephone book sized thing) and they extended our GS membership for an additional year at no charge. Cashier said there was some kind of coupon deal we were unaware of and just gave it to us without asking.
datrbone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:45 PM   #28

We live close to a CW so we pick up odds and ends there like lavatory supplies. I don't let them near our motorhome since they screwed up a simple oil change a while back.
Keith

Tags
camping