Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2018, 10:01 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Had 2 DP with AGS miss it on my class c looking into adding transfer switch and AGS ( automatic genenerator start)
avfordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2018, 10:25 PM   #16

I don’t understand rinsing the 3” hose. It would never actually be clean and the grey tank does a good job of whooshing anything out after rinsing the black. And rinsing just gets you up close and personal with it for no benefit.

We don’t remove the hose either. On this model Winnebago had the foresight to have a cup molded into the wet bay floor that holds the 45 on the other end.

Our fresh water hose is stored in another bay. No way I would put it in the wet bay. Not a big fan of the connection being in there either.
Old 10-26-2018, 10:52 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdInArk View Post
Same here. I turned it one once to see if it works. It's just like the one inside, so I supposed it's good I got a spare.
Sounds like us. One trip we were going to watch a football game outside but the mosquitoes were carrying us away so that lasted about 5 minutes.
Old 10-26-2018, 11:21 PM   #18

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggcrisp View Post
Clearance lights. They are a water leak waiting to happen and serve no purpose.
Required by law...
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 04:00 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdInArk View Post
Same here. I turned it one once to see if it works. It's just like the one inside, so I supposed it's good I got a spare.
Agree. In two years only turned on twice.
Would rather had that space for storage.
Old 10-27-2018, 11:18 AM   #20

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Simple fix for the SaniCon and hose reel...….. Notch the bottom of the wet bay frame (opening) near the bottom rearward corner. Install some rubber installation and then you can close the door on the hoses, without going through the hole in the wet bay floor.

If you look at the photo below, you can see the notch in the bottom right of the photo where the hoses fit when the door is closed.

Lastly, I've been using a SaniCon since 2005. I think it's a great device. I even ordered one on my new coach. The new turbo model empties a tank in 30-40 seconds. Even with the older models, people forget how much time they spend pulling out 3" hoses, cleaning them and then putting them away. With SaniCon, you never have to clean it, just put it away after dumping grey.

Attachment 223903
My last two Dutch Stars both had notches for both the power cord and the fresh water hose. To bad HR didn't do that as well - it would have made life easier.

As for the Sani-con, 30 to 40 seconds sounds amazing, but i don't know if I want to buy a new one - dollars versus benefits.

BTW does anyone have the electric gate valves for dumping? I've read some reviews and it seems that some brands are better than others. I sort of like the idea that I can put a switch inside and dump when I want with FH. also don't know if they are worth the cost, but on a rainy day going out to open the wet bay to pull the valves - could be priceless .

Chris
cvbdsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 04:38 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Although some (or most) are not options, we've never or hardly ever used the following:

1)Sat. dish

2)cable outlet in basement baggage cmpt.

3)any of the remote switches for the jacks and water pump

4) The compartment lites

5) the small inverter

6) the wet bay shower head

7) the ridiculously clumsy seat swivel feature for driver and passenger

8) heated mirrors

9) side cameras
Old 10-27-2018, 05:58 PM   #22

Funny how we use our RV’s so differently but on our trip last month from Seattle to Carrabelle, Florida we used the first eight often. No side cameras on our 2004 Itasca Horizon 40AD and hated them on our previous 2016 Vista LX. Love our Winegard sat Dish and lighted compartments save looking for a flashlight. I swivel the easy to use front seats and watch tv from the. Drivers seat. Love our floor plan and options.
Old 10-27-2018, 10:03 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondiega1 View Post
We never use the central vacuum. It's kind of a pain to drag out.
Our Dyson stick vac is much quicker and easier to use.
Only we have a Dirt Devil cordless carpet vac. It has more suction than the built-in Dirt Devil unit, which now has a cracked hose = well over $50 for the replacement. The DD cordless was $99.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 10:33 AM   #24

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvbdsl View Post
My last two Dutch Stars both had notches for both the power cord and the fresh water hose. To bad HR didn't do that as well - it would have made life easier.

As for the Sani-con, 30 to 40 seconds sounds amazing, but i don't know if I want to buy a new one - dollars versus benefits.

BTW does anyone have the electric gate valves for dumping? I've read some reviews and it seems that some brands are better than others. I sort of like the idea that I can put a switch inside and dump when I want with FH. also don't know if they are worth the cost, but on a rainy day going out to open the wet bay to pull the valves - could be priceless .

Chris

If your Sani-con has been used exclusively, it's probably due a new impeller. If the pump runs fairly quiet, the vanes on the impeller are no longer touching the sides of the pump housing.
If you prefer to leave your Sani-con hooked up to sewer, just pull the head off the hose, feed the hose thru the hole in the bay floor, and reattach.
Totally agree about the pain feeding the water hose !
Old 10-28-2018, 11:06 AM   #25

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
If your Sani-con has been used exclusively, it's probably due a new impeller. If the pump runs fairly quiet, the vanes on the impeller are no longer touching the sides of the pump housing.
If you prefer to leave your Sani-con hooked up to sewer, just pull the head off the hose, feed the hose thru the hole in the bay floor, and reattach.
Totally agree about the pain feeding the water hose !
I don't know how it was used previously and I guess its very subjective as to how much noise it makes. Seems to make enough noise for me. I guess I would need to hear a properly working one to compare, but are all the older ones that slow?
Also never thought of taking the head off, never looked that closely at it.

thanks

Chris
cvbdsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 11:19 AM   #26

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
Required by law...
Yep, required on anything with a 10,000# or more GVWR.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 11:21 AM   #27

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Yeah, when I replaced the impeller in mine last year, I was surprised it pumped at all. Each of the vanes on the impeller were just little nubs, about 1/8" long. They didn't even come close to touching the pump housing walls.
I'd say the new impeller reduced tank draining time to about a third.
I rarely dump at dump stations though.
Old 10-28-2018, 11:23 AM   #28

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvbdsl View Post

Chris
Both my DSDP's had the notches, present rig has the round marine hatch plates. Nice for waterproofing but you do have to feed the hoses through.
I have the electric gate valves. Don't know what brand CC used and I can't see them due to the stainless steel panel in the wet bay.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote