Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2021, 02:19 AM   #15

It kind of sounds as if you don't want to use Navarro's in Los Algodones on the Mexican side in the Yuma area.

I can't remember hearing anybody who was disappointed with the quality they received for the money spent when using Navarros' but I can understand if you might be hesitant. However, you can get a quality job done there for probably half the price (? not sure how it is nowadays as I haven't checked prices recently) that you'd spend for the same job at a body shop in the U.S. I've talked to several who were extremely pleased with the work they had done at Navarros. Sure, sometimes it isn't absolutely perfect but neither are the jobs I've had done at reputable body shops in my area in the U.S. But for the deep discount in pricing, I personally wouldn't hesitate on taking a rig to Navarros to have work done.

I've read several who have posted that they let you stay in the motorhome as they are working on it ...such as this post.

Enrique and Jose Navarro Facebook page

iRV2 threads on Navarro's
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2021, 06:49 AM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldcrowder View Post
How was your experience with them?
Lewis was great to work with, he explained what he would do and how long it would take, also made up some touch up pant to cover the colors on the RV without be asked.
Old 01-11-2021, 10:33 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Sounds good. I have reached out to Navarro Brothers as well as the other recommended painters. Waiting to hear back. Thanks!
Ldcrowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 10:41 AM   #18

I have some areas of clearcoat that need to be repaired as well. Was thinking of using Navarro's as well. Please post what you find out. Thx
css899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 11:52 AM   #19
BnR

If you have the time/space a little bit of elbow grease can save a lot of $$$. It took a few days but was worth the effort for me.

Bob

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f84/got-...at-510553.html
BnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 04:46 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Is Navarro's good at replying to email???
Old 01-12-2021, 09:37 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Does anyone know if border crossings at Lukeville or otherwise can even be done into Mexico for painting now?
Old 01-12-2021, 11:55 PM   #22

Oh jeez, the covid restrictions completely slipped my mid. Yeah, never mind ...I guess you can forget Navarros for now. I hear restrictions are going to be re-evaluated on the 21st but I suspect they'll even get more restrictive as that area is deemed a Covid "red zone" by the Mexican government. It still is restricted to "non-essential" travel.

I'm hearing they are still letting people pass back and forth for medical and dental procedures as I just talked with a couple who had their annual dentistry work done in Los Algodones. As you are aware, there are hundreds(?) of dentists there that cater to U.S. residents many of whom are snowbirds staying in Yuma who use the cheap but good dental services and have certain medical procedures done there and get their medications because of the much lower prices. Evidently, they consider dental work essential (?).

From what I heard, the Andrade crossing has had its hours cut back drastically anyway. It closes early in the afternoon. The Lukeville crossing is open much later and Mexicali is still open 24 hours, I believe.

eta:

Andrade: 06:00 - 14:00
Lukeville: 06:00 - 20:00
Calexico west: open 24 hours

...but again, painting a vehicle is probably considered "non-essential" or so we can guess?
Old 01-13-2021, 08:25 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Is these Andrade crossing able to handle a big class a for size and weight?
Old 01-13-2021, 10:23 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldcrowder View Post
Is these Andrade crossing able to handle a big class a for size and weight?
Some say yes, others say no (like this post where one guy says only room for the smallest RV and the other guy responds that he had no problem with a 38' diesel pusher with toad) but it probably depends on what lane you're directed to use. Personally, I've never been through there with a coach but looking at the images, it looks to be enough room (i.e. adequately wide) for a full-sized Class A to pass through. But I'm a former city bus driver and pretty familiar with fitting buses into tight clearances when maneuvering in congested areas. Go HERE for a Google SV in Mexico looking toward U.S. and HERE for a wiki image in the U.S. looking toward Mexico from last summer.

But I don't know ...if directed for a secondary inspection, it looks like one station may possibly entail a tight maneuver --difficult to tell for sure from the video image-- but the outside lane looks easy to navigate...see video.

But I'm sure somebody who has actually taken a Class A through there and was directed to go for a secondary inspection can confirm one way or the other.
Old 01-14-2021, 08:28 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you!

Tags
paint