Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2005, 05:28 AM   #1

informed

2004 Jeep Wrangler 4X4
cboh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2005, 05:28 AM   #2

informed

2004 Jeep Wrangler 4X4
cboh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 08:35 AM   #3

I'm confused. Why can't your service center go next door, buy the part, and then they will have it in stock. Why have WCC ship it at all??
Either way, WCC will reimburse them for the parts and their customary labor rates.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 11:41 AM   #4

Good Grief cboh1!

If it is that important to you, then pay the money and let your blood pressure go down. The title of your post is unfair, Workhorse IS paying for shipping, you want it overnighted, which they don't do except in emergencies. Let's see, they are also paying for the replacement part and the labor. Seems to me they stand behind their product. Workhorse has great customer service.

I had a hose overnighted once, it cost me $25. No big deal. Just the cost of owning a motorhome. Get over it and enjoy life!

Best Regards!

2007 Winnebago Journey 39K Freightliner Chassis, Cat C7
Old Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 07:33 AM   #5

Would "Old Snipe" get the fringe benefits from the motorhome, I feel it was a comment, no need to be rude.

Joe
Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 07:42 AM   #6

Perhaps the "Customer Service" Supervisor Rep for Workhorse should concentrate more on the meaning of his title and less on the between the lines intent of the Warranty Contract, shipping by mail is not fair to the consumer that has spent a lot of dollars on his MOHO. These RV related companies need to step up to the plate and address comsumer relations more effectively. I for one am very tired of the arrogance and rudeness that seems to be a growing problem in this business.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:12 AM   #7

I just don't understand how angry you are over the failed part. Machinery breaks, no matter how carefully it is put together, things can go wrong. Look at the Space Shuttle, for instance.

I have had nothing but excellent service from both my Workhrse dealer and Workhorse Customer Service. Perhaps, you may have been less than friendly to them on the phone? Just the tone of your posts all over this website leads me to believe there may be is more to the story than you're telling.

I feel bad your rig had a problem early on, but many of us have. Sure it is frustrating, but again, Workhorse is taking care of the problem at their expense, standing behind their product. The few days your rig is down is a shame, but it is a part of the "Joy" of owning a motorhome. I just feel you're blowing it way out of proportion. My opinion, again, based on the excellent service I have received form Workhorse. And my Workhorse dealer has not had to buy his tools and equipment from Workhorse, and uses NAPA parts in his repair and warranty work, obtained locally. Somebody is feeding you a line about buying everything from Workhorse.

So, to help a fellow RVer out, if the $95 express shipping for overnight is too much for you, I'll gladly lend you the money. Of course, the part has probably already arrived, ground shipped. I regularly receive shipments from across the country in 2-3 days.

Good luck and I hope you get back on the road soon!

Best Regards!

Old 04-21-2005, 11:38 AM   #8

Its not the manufacturer directly Paul but rather the people they hire, some of them are very arrogant and downright rude, these companies need to monitor their employees better and take corrective action. They are there to serve the customer and take care of their needs as quickly as possible, while working within the confines of the Warranty Policy.Its not only with Workhorse but others as well.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:42 AM   #9
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Let me stick in a reminder here:

On iRV2, we don't flame members for their views, ideas, positions, etc. Please keep a lively conversation going but don't get personal.

Discuss the virtues of the issue, not the individual who presents them.

Also, I've placed a 'Shortcut' to this thread in the Workhorse Chassis Motorhome Club Forum so we can get some additional commentary from the folks who hang out there.

Richard (Hitchhiker)
iRV2 Administrator
Old 04-21-2005, 02:49 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilnJune:
I for one am very tired of the arrogance and rudeness that seems to be a growing problem in this business. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>PhilInJune, You are only a third party to cboh1's comments and unless you personally have been rudely and arrogantly spoken to then you shouldn't offer this type of commentary, it's only inflamatory.

Workhorse is very reponsive to their customer's needs and their warranty process works as it's supposed to.

One other item is that anyone that communicates with Workhorse should get a "name" just in case we need to contact that party on behalf of any owner here that may have an issue with the Workhorse.

When I read, "He said if I was broke down out of town they would consider paying for express shipping but that it would be on a case by case situation.

I might know who that is however he's right. Workhorse does not ship parts overnight unless you are stuck on the road. Nobody else ships parts overnight even if you are stuck on the road. Try that at your local car dealership and see what they tell you. You'll be lucky if the manufacturer ships the part with tracking.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">All that being said he told me that they are not related to Chevy or their parts, I thought Vortec was a GM product. He went on to say that it was most likely Winnebago's fault as they take the stock chassis apart including the drive lines and exhaust and modify them and that if Workhorse delivered a defective part to Winnebago that Workhorse would be charged by Winnebago for repairs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> This is a true statement. If a manufacturer sections the frame the entire drive line is disassembled and remanufactured to accomodate the extended wheelbase. In my case that would be "248". WCC delivers in tact 208", 228" and 242" wheelbases. This also includes brake lines, fuel lines, electrical wiring and exhaust system components.

I don't believe that a Lemon Law resolution can be implemented at this point because it has to be a repetitive failure of the same component or system. 2 component failures which are now operational would not constitiute enough litigation to pursue a resolution using the Lemon Law.

This things will work themselves out in due time. I believe Old Snipe was on track when he suggested the "get over it and enjoy life."

Sometimes you need to be proactive on your own behalf and accomplish things that are to your own benefit. Getting a part from a supply house next door if it would have been timely for me to get back on the road would have been what I would have chosen to do.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 05:11 PM   #11

I think we've debated this to death. If I've offended anyone, you have my apology. I now call for a meeting around the campfire where we can compare notes on how much we enjoy our RVs while drinking our favorite liquid refreshment. I'm buying!

Best Regards!

Old 04-21-2005, 05:50 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cboh1:
This is what I found on another forum when asking about my repair issues. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Whomever quoted Magnuson Moss to you in this case is totally wrong.

Magnuson Moss was designed to protect consumers from defects that are caused by 3rd party bolt on automotive devices.

A few such companies that might implement a Magnuson Moss liability protection would be Banks Power for instance.

If any component that was installed by Banks or it's agent that can be determined to have caused a failure of a manufacturer warrantied part then that 3rd party gear vendor would be responsible to you to repair the manufacturer installed part.

So if Banks blows up your motor and it's their fault - you are covered under Magnuson Moss.

Magnuson Moss does not have any bearing on Original Equipment Manufacturing. The OEM 3 year 36,000 mile warranty that you have from Workhorse protects you from financial burden on all covered parts for the life of the warranty.

If for instance a 2nd party manufacturer prior to the delivery of the new vehicle modifies the vehicle then that OEM is responsible for the warranty claim if that portion of their manufacturing on the new vehicle is in defect.

This has nothing to do with MM either.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:36 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cboh1:
I am not a lawyer just a consumer. Not looking to use the lemon law or orange law..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Stick with us cboh1 and we'll work through this issue as a team.
Old 04-22-2005, 04:58 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I agree that having warranty work done can be VERY expensive to the consumer. I recently had work done for a dragging brake (pre-recall) where I contacted WH, they arranged to have the MH towed from the campsite to the nearest WH repair facility near Washinton DC.

Here is the trail:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Pull into campground on Monday with hot brakes. <LI>Call WH and arrange for tow
<LI>Tues get towed to repair facility, they look at the brakes and determine they can fix but don't have the part. Ground will take five days overnight will cost $100. <LI>Opt for next day air, however it is now after 4pm and the delivery will actually be Thursday. <LI>Get Hotel room in DC area for $75 (thats cheap).<LI>Rent car (don't have Toad with me) $125[/list]
Due to prompt action by repair facility they had it running by Thursday PM but I couldn't pick it up till Friday. Bottom line is that out of pocket expenses were about $450 for a warranty repair (plus I was still paying for a monthly rate at the campground).

Not a real complaint, just an observation.
Charlie

<sub>edited HTML Code for List. </sub>