Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-11-2019, 11:29 AM   #1

Power Chair Problem

I have limited power to the driver's seat. The lumbar and cushion slide are operational, but the slide control is not. Any ideas about cause would be extremely helpful. Thanks in advance.
Arby49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2019, 01:25 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
A couple of things come to mind that might be the issue. The slide, fore and aft movement, might be jammed. On my Flexsteet seats, there is a rail that the fore and aft movement rides on or in. There are six plastic spacers that allow alignment to be maintained. If they break or become jammed for some reason, the seat will not move. I took my seat off of the mounting and removed the movement mechanism. I took two of the broken parts off of the rails and used two good ones, I now have 4 on the seat rails. The parts are not available on an individual part basis, according to several suppliers of the slide mechanism. The whole seat movement mechanism is available for about $500. Pretty hard to swallow for the need of a $2.00 part.
The other cause of the seat movement might be the electrical plug under the seat. Check and clean the connection and reinstall.
rvbiker45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 01:48 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
I'm sure you checked this but when we ran into problems we had wrapped the wiring around the base by not turning the chairs correctly when we parked the got ready to move. Some of the wires came loose but weren't easily noticed until I got my eyes on the connection. Good luck and hope it is a simple fix.
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 02:39 PM   #4

I had not thought about it being jammed, but moved freely a week ago. Checked current into the seat, all good. Thinking perhaps the switch. Any idea who/what/where that switch came from?
Old 12-11-2019, 06:27 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Contact the maker of the seat and see if they can offer a lead on finding the switch if that is what you think it might be.
My seat worked without a flaw until it didn't, then it would not move at all.
rvbiker45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 01:11 PM   #6

Captain's Chair Problem

I recently posted this on the General Discussion forum, but thought I would broaden my coverage. We were getting ready to take the coach for a run a few weeks ago, but couldn't get the driver's seat to slide forward. All the other switches work. I have been in touch with REV Group, Northwest RV Supply, and several parts houses looking for the switch. I know that the seat was not made by Flexsteel, and suspect it was made by Villa. But no proof of that as yet.
Hoping someone can tell me where to look for the switch. Barring that, I am wondering if the bottom plate can be replaced (if that would help)?Click image for larger version

Name:	20191219_154407.jpeg
Views:	35
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	271894Click image for larger version

Name:	20191219_154418.jpeg
Views:	35
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	271895
Old 01-18-2020, 09:02 PM   #7

Finally found the switch at Villa International. Got it installed, so all is well for the moment. Thanks to all for your assistance.

Tags
air, power, problem