Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2010, 02:20 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Problem LC1 Electronic Leveling

I have a Safari Simba 2009 30sfs with Lippert LC1 electronic levelling system. System not working - when key turned on, and on/off switch pressed, jack light down is on. Manual is also on. When press automatic to release jacks nothing happens. Park brake on, oil level OK, no fuse burned. Any ideas?
Mario
akamaroriki@hotmail.com
marioross is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2010, 02:43 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Hello Mario and welcome to iRV2.com. We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. I am sure you will enjoy the website and forums. Good luck and keep us posted.
Do you have your owners manual? If not you can download one at www.lci1.com. It sounds like you may need to reset the key pad and controller. If jacks are up, the center light does not blink when turned on but you have other lights on, then I think it needs reset.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:00 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
LC1 Lippert Levelling

Good morning,
Thanks for your reply. I have tried everything suggested, but don't know about resetting the "controller". Where is the controller? I pressed the 4 switches together, and that stops the blinking lights and alarm temporarily. It just comes back when I try to deploy jacks.
Thanks
Mario Ross
akamaroriki@hotmail.com
Old 06-23-2010, 02:33 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Have you tried unplugging the key pad from power for a minute and then reconnecting. Once you get the fault cleared are you, turning on the system and hitting retract all? After you do this, try using the manual mode and level the coach manually, then reset the zero point calibration.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 04:27 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via Skype™ to idenphones
Hello Mario

We have a 2009 Simba 34sbd and we had the same problem last winter, as did several others on the forum. Just do a search on Lippert and it will come up.

If you haven't already, there are two large screws on entry stairs to give you access to the pump assembly by removing the top of the one stair.

At the motor, there is a small 15amp, (I think) inline type of fuse that may be blown. This would also be a good time to check to see if you have oil leaking around the motor and pump.

If there is leaking oil, my bet is that you have just joined the leaking seal club and will need to get the assembly replaced as it seems that most of that type are defective.

The entire procedure is documented on the forum here but basically you will need to take some photos and contact Lippert. or have your local dealer do it for you.

Do you have your Simba owners manual? If so, there is a way to retract the jacks using an electric drill on the back of the motor. If you do not have the manual I can send it to you by email easily.
idenphones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:57 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for your help everyone! I have tried everything suggested - after checking motor with a good friend (aircraft tech) we have electricity to motor but motor does not turn. We even bypassed the selenoid and connected direct to current and still won't turn. After disconnecting positive wire I was able to move slide out in and out by using drill with 1/2" socket in counterclock direction. So I assume motor is blown.
Mario
akamaroriki@hotmail.com
p.s. does anyone have a wiring and hydraulic diagram for this unit (Lippert 414850)
Old 06-25-2010, 04:22 AM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Mario,

Like I said in my previous post, you should contact Lippert about this issue.

I was told that just the motor is $700.00 but that will not fix your problem. There is a leaking seal at the pump just in front of the motor.

When you took the two screws out to get to the back of the motor you probably saw ATF, the pink stuff!

That is what is leaking into the motor from the pump. You might be able to clean out the motor but the problem WILL return in short order.

Calling Lippert is really your best bet as the worst they can say is NO!

Please take a minute to do a search on the forum and read the postings.

Thanks
Old 06-25-2010, 04:39 AM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hi Mario,

Just one more thing if I may.

I see by your profile that you are from Quebec. We are from Ontario.

This past winter I met a fellow and his wife in Florida at the Waters Edge RV park that just purchased a Simba that looks just like ours and he was from Quebec. It seems to be that his buddy was from Ontario, was an aircraft mechanic and was also staying at the park.

If that was you, I am the fellow with the Canadian flag on the back window of the Simba that looks just like yours!

Or maybe not!
Old 07-11-2010, 07:42 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Lippert Update

Thanks to all for your help with my problem. Yes, idenphones, I am the one who talked with you at Water's Edge. The previous owner of the m/h did have the seal replaced, but I think the damage to the motor had already been done. We took possession only April 1st, and had to get home. Otherwise, I would have had him fight with Lippert to get a free motor replacement. Now Lippert is saying I am 2nd owner, and they are washing their hands - even though the coach has only 1800 miles, and the slides/jacks only used roughly 10 times. For sure I would never buy a Monaco product, nor anything with Lippert leveling.
The slide/jacks worked 2 or 3 times, but the 4th time, were stuck in Malone with slide & jacks out. With our mechanic friend's help, managed to use power drill & a 1/2" socket (counter clockwise) to get both back in. I purchased the entire assembly (on internet) - cheaper than the $700. motor. My friend just finished installing the new motor, and it now works fine. Motor was completely fried, not only from the oil, but also grounds that were never properly installed in the first place. Now I have a brand new spare assembly (pump, selenoid, pressure switch, wiring assembly, tank, etc.) but need a spare motor 414850.
Does anyone know where I can get just the motor itself? I don't want anything to do with Lippert.
Thanks
Mario Ross
akamaroriki@hotmail.com
Old 07-11-2010, 08:27 AM   #10

I'm not sure I'd fault Monaco, but Lippert sure never went to the school of customer service. Where did you find a unit on line? I'm sure my will likely fail like all the others.

Thanks,
ImagineIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:19 AM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I don't think you should give up fighting and here is why.

When we purchased our 2009 Simba it had 10,000 miles on it. Also second owners.

When it broke down with EXACTLY the same problem we started investigating and found out that our dealer here in Canada had repaired the pump assembly at least three times and then sold the coach to us. Naturally he neglected to tell us of the problem.

With the help of others on this forum, we discussed the situation with Lippert and they agreed to replace the pump assembly, not only for me, but for several others that use this forum that I know of.

As ImaginIF said, the unit that you are now using will most likely fail. The replacement pump from Lippert is a new and improved unit.

You mentioned that the wiring was flakey as well. If you remeber how the heavy ground wire was originally routed and NOT supported, if that wire became detached from the stud on the motor or the lug had broken, the ground wire would have fallen and come to rest on the 12 volt feed line that has several hundred amps UNSWITCHED feeding it. Would not have been pretty at 60 mph.

Ask your friend. That wire was flopping all over the place!

We had the same issue. Did yours smoke at all? Could there have been a fire from the burning of the oil? It was burning before the motor quit!

Did yours have oil all over the area when it finally gave up?

It did when I saw it at Waters Edge!

My wife and I sat with the Real Estate person that you bought the coach from to compare notes on the coaches themselves and local real estate things too.

He didn't seem too concerned about the leak or our issue at the time. But, I could be wrong!

Don't be too hard on Monaco. We have made two trips back and forth from Florida since I met you and to a few other places as well. 17,000 miles and counting!

To date, one burned out light bulb in the kitchen, (Fixed)one squeaky door in the bathroom, (Oiled) one fuse for the shades kept popping. (Monaco Screw, as I call it, thru a wiring harness). I think that is it!

If you would like some help in discussing the matter with Lippert, send me a PM or answer the email that I sent you a week or so ago with your phone number and I will give you a call.

I have some great pictures!

Ray