RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-16-2018, 05:59 PM   #15

Bought new in September 2016. Had a recall for wiring and then 2 what I would call major issues that REV service found while fixing a couple of minor issues. We live pretty close to the plant so just left the coach for work when needed. It was out of service for maybe 3 weeks but they had it longer chasing a minor issue that only occurred on wet roads and not in rain bay. (Of course we went weeks then waiting on rain.)
All told probably under 20 issues including the recall and 2 major issues. Minor issues were things like one loose tile on step to bathroom.

Tom
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2018, 06:58 PM   #16

Bought ours new in 2014, no real issues other than the microwave re-call. When I took it in for that, they fixed some minor things like a switch that needed replacing and adjusting the slide controller. I could have done both myself, but since I was there anyway they took care of it for me. I took it home the same day and hasn't been in the shop since. I am dealing with a shower drain leak right now, but those things are to be expected. Once I get the drain cover off it just needs to be re-sealed.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 07:44 PM   #17

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I purchased a new 2017 Thor ACE 30.3 one year ago. My first motorhome purchase. I have put 10k plus miles on it and have only had a couple minor issues. I have a issue with Giant RV wanting to take s couple months to fix a retractable step, but I believe my Thor product to be a good value for the price I paid. I know my product is a entry level class A but I am satisfied with the product for the price.
RBC2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 04:35 AM   #18

New 2017 THOR Quantum. Minor issues, mostly cosmetic, nothing affecting livability.

As far as dealers inspecting units being delivered, it is happening and more often. It seems that dealers are doing delivery inspections and if the issue isn't resolved with a phone call then they are refusing acceptance and sending them back.
Old 03-17-2018, 09:32 AM   #19

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Bought new 2017 Holiday Rambler Vacationer. We have had Zero problems with the Ford Part of the motor home. We have had several items that was the fault of the manufacturer. Also had some problems with General until I finally got some one that cared. Right now I believe most are taken care of and we are enjoying the rig.
darbyjudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 10:50 PM   #20

Bought the Tioga new in 04, and have to say I got real lucky/wellbuilt RV. It has had nearly no issues. Has mostly Dometic appliances and I attribute a lot to that. It is stored inside also while not being used, think that is a big deal too.

I believe because it is an "SL" Tioga, with full skirts, solid wood cabinets. It may have been given more love.

Only cons, were underpowered main slide motor, but it never failed, just stopped for a minute from time to time. Updated motor is available. Roof gutter drains right at drivers door entrance, that's a nice touch. Improved "in roof" 2004 ducted AC bridge to make the system quieter. Pulled out to clean found label pointing up, nobody is going to see that upside down. That was the witness of the nasty 50/50 rule,,, one can install something backwards just as well as forwards if the engineer does not do his job.
Old 03-18-2018, 11:06 AM   #21

We bought a new Coachmen 18 months ago - really minor, mostly cosmetic problems with the coach, big issues with some dealer-installed add-ons and any service work at the dealer. If, and that's a big if because we really like the coach, I ever buy another, I'll look at used first so I"m not locked in to an dealer's incompetent service department.
Old 03-20-2018, 02:00 PM   #22
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Coachman is made by Forest River, also. I'm with you - should I ever buy another RV it will be a gently used Forest River. Some of the top end suppliers have decent records, but my budget and lifestyle would never make that happen for me.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 08:40 AM   #23

We bought our ‘05 Bounder three years ago from the original owner who is a family member, so we are well-acquainted with its history. The two issues were the Workhorse brake recall and the complete failure of the Allison transmission, which was replaced in the first year. The transmission was a major inconvenience since there was a multi-day wait while Allison shipped a new transmission to their remote location, but it was otherwise a good experience.
Bloodyhell is offline   Reply With Quote