Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2020, 10:08 AM   #1

Re-upholstery

ok folks, someone will know, I have a 2000 Monaco Lapalma, the drivers seat material is ripping, the clothe part of seat, not entire vinyl seat but inlaid material that your back rests on and where your butt seats on. A couple pleats as design but nothing too fancy. My upholsterer wants $350.00 per seat (driver\passenger) = $700.00. he said it would take yard and a half of material. is that an ok price?? im in no. cal if that matters - - Thanks
dtmonaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2020, 02:19 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
That doesn’t sound too bad. I paid $200 for a nice custom job on a motorcycle seat which is probably and 1/4 - 1/3 the time and materials of your job. Elsewhere across the country these prices may seem high, but here the great(ly inflated) state of Ca, it’s probably about right. You’re probably getting some new padding to help firm up the seating areas too. Might check on that.
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 05:16 PM   #3

I got a price of 1200 for a jack knife sofa. Your chair price seems in line.
Jake21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 05:35 PM   #4

Recent bill from an upholstery shop outside Philadelphia. Labor only, I supplied fabric picked out by my better half. I disassembled all pieces and he did the upholstery job. Beginning the reassembly soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200406-193134_Gallery.jpeg
Views:	41
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	280685  
moblguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 06:07 PM   #5

The money is right if the job is. I had mine done over the winter and it cost a good bit more than that.
rodekyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 06:14 PM   #6
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
The seat is probably made by Flexteel. You might take a shot and see if Flexsteel still sells new covers that would fit that seat. It may have been used for a few model years.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 06:17 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Here’s the $200 bike seat. Two tone custom- the orig was just plain blue. The bike is a 1989 Honda 250NX. Pretty much the first water cooled, elec start dual sport. The project sat while I was “too busy” for two years until my self imposed exile (house arrest?) left me with plenty of time on my hands. It took two afternoons to get it all back together. Side benefit of this virus issue.

While I do little projects like this I have guys doing about $15000 (or more...?) in work on a rental house that I would otherwise do myself. But I have to admit, I’m enjoying this. Just hope everything I have going on in the outside world works out ok. It’s going to be my toad for certain trips.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DBC0B076-C324-4D54-9259-F23B83697C26.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	444.6 KB
ID:	280687   Click image for larger version

Name:	4320D9B6-FE18-4748-8846-0909B35BC7DB.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	427.0 KB
ID:	280688  

R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 12:00 AM   #8

thanks all for the response, I feel better about the price ..
dtmonaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 05:21 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I paid 450 to have two dinette chairs reupholstered just this past week and they done a perfect job
Old 04-07-2020, 11:26 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We replaced the 2 foam cushions on one of our sofas for about $125 each plus tax. I'm still not convinced that was a good deal!

The quote to re-cover 2 seats for my Jeep was about $700. A set of seat covers from ebay was less than $70.... they look & work just fine.

If I needed to fix the driver or passenger seat covers, I'd contact Flexsteel first. MH seat styles are one of the few items that have remained fairly constant over the model years so I would think replacement covers (or other parts) direct from mfr might be the least expensive option.
Old 04-07-2020, 11:30 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Wold View Post
Here’s the $200 bike seat. Two tone custom- the orig was just plain blue. The bike is a 1989 Honda 250NX. Pretty much the first water cooled, elec start dual sport. The project sat while I was “too busy” for two years until my self imposed exile (house arrest?) left me with plenty of time on my hands. It took two afternoons to get it all back together. Side benefit of this virus issue.

While I do little projects like this I have guys doing about $15000 (or more...?) in work on a rental house that I would otherwise do myself. But I have to admit, I’m enjoying this. Just hope everything I have going on in the outside world works out ok. It’s going to be my toad for certain trips.
Nice NX.
SteveJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 12:04 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Check this Cotati shop out: Home BK Upholstery

They gave me a decent quote a couple of years ago. They have a great reputation locally. I decided to wait but will probably use them when I decide to proceed.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 05:15 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95f5334j View Post

If I needed to fix the driver or passenger seat covers, I'd contact Flexsteel first. MH seat styles are one of the few items that have remained fairly constant over the model years so I would think replacement covers (or other parts) direct from mfr might be the least expensive option.
Call Flexsteel if you have a good heart. If it's weak, don't. Flexsteel will require the numbers from the top of the tag which is attached to the front of the seat base. If you don't have that tag they will not be "able" to help you.

Once you have that number you'll find that the exact material is not available (my 2007 coach material was out of date last year) but they'll send you samples of current material to match as close as you can.

I got two seat bottom cushion covers only and 4 armrest covers for only $600 and some odd dollars.......... IIRC it was about a 6 week wait for them to make them.

I personally will never go direct to Flexsteel again. However, if you're adamant the person I talked to and ordered from was Lisa Bauer at 563-585-8356.
bucks2 is offline   Reply With Quote