RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2020, 04:34 AM   #1

Rear camera upgrade.

My Thor ACE rear camera is pitiful with so much glare it is almost unusable. It has one single black wire. Is it replaceable? Can I use some kind of a filter?
terntes is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2020, 05:27 PM   #2

If dirty,scuffed or oxidized plastic cover or lens would exacerbate glare. You may be able to create a lens hood out of piece of pvc pipe if round and paint flat black. If there is a flat clear cover over lens taping with some black vinyl all but over lens might help as well.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 04:37 PM   #3

I replaced the camera and monitor on Winnebago . Screen was dim and green. The new one is very clear - well worth the $$.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 11:45 AM   #4

The Furrion that came on our new ORV is pretty good but still quite susceptible to glare when backing into the sun. A custom hood would be a good addition.
Gammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:38 AM   #5

I have tried a hood, but my fish eye camera sees the hood and blocks half of my view. The hood extends out a full four inches and I see the hood and glare. My best result is two lenses from old polarizes sunglasses layered together and attached over the camera.
terntes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera, rear, upgrade