Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2019, 07:01 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
RecPro ???

We are looking to swap out our scissor couch for a sofa bed. So far the best looking replacement is a unit made by RecPro. It will fit our spot, 65 inches. It is an actual sofa bed and it comes with a memory foam mattress.

I am looking for pros and cons on the RecPro. At this point in time we have not found anything else we feel is as suitable as the RecPro unit so, PLEASE just pros and cons on this brand.

Thanks

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2019, 07:31 PM   #2

I just put two recliners in place of my J couch. Absolutely love them. Very fast shipping, great quality and comfortable. Measurements are spot on. I had one that was damaged and I called them they ask for pics and they sent me a new recliner for replacement. Customer service is 5 Star. Highly recommend RecPro.
Old 12-13-2019, 07:37 PM   #3

What is the difference between a scissor couch and a sofa bed?
Old 12-13-2019, 07:41 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
What is the difference between a scissor couch and a sofa bed?
Sofa bed opens up to an actual bed while the scissor couch is similar to a futon. Basically the back of the couch lays down. A sofa bed can be left made up and just folded up while the scissor couch needs to be made up on a daily basis. The sofa bed is the same size as a regular bed. No way 2 adults can sleep on the scissor couch.

Old 12-13-2019, 07:45 PM   #5

Here's mine just installed last week. Haven't gotten to use it yet. But it is very easy to open and to a bed. And comfortable to sit on. I have never read anything but praise for the recpro furniture.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191118_150852.jpeg
Views:	66
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	269401
Old 12-13-2019, 07:47 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Is this one a sofa bed or one of the tri fold couches ?

Old 12-13-2019, 08:00 PM   #7

When it comes to decent RV furniture, you have little options. Flexsteel makes a line of RV furniture, but it's expensive and not easily found in stores. Special order furniture more or less.

The Grand Design Reflection Super Sofa I ordered is actually a wall hugger dual recliner love seat with right hand and left hand recliners. It was supplied by LCI (Lippert), and the quality of the "leather" is extremely poor. Didn't last a dozen trips until the leather finish was peeling badly.

RecCon furniture can be configured exactly as my LCI furniture. But it's a $2,000 proposition to fill the 12' slide length. Quality of the leather is what's most important.

I'm thinking about just ordering Lazy Boy furniture to go in my slide. It's not the best quality, however the seat backs separate so the furniture will fit through an RV's door. I wish it was a little cheaper in price.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 08:10 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I have a flexsteel sleeper sofa with an inflatable pillowtop matress that is about 3 years old and used very, very little. I think it has been slept on twice. Wife decided she doesn't like the color - it is a light brown color and in ultraleather. If you are interested, let me know. I'll have to check the length. I'm located in the Atlanta Ga area and am thinking about $200 for it.