Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2022, 04:01 PM   #1

Red light on dash

Hi all, I recently purchased a 2006 Gulfstream Yellowstone Cruiser 5211Y on a Chevy chassis and I had a question about a light on the dash. It's a tiny red light sitting under the tow/haul button. I was thinking it is some sort of anti theft light. It flashes when the key isn't in the ignition and turns off with the vehicle started. I don't think it's anything important, but I'm just curious about it. Does anyone have an idea what this is?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0350.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	360624  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2022, 04:25 PM   #2

Just a guess: I have a red light that indicates the very small panel sold with my when it was new has output. I believe the panel is a trickle charger for keeping the batteries up while in storage.
Old 03-28-2022, 06:23 PM   #3

My 2006 Pontiac Montana has similar lamp and does exact same thing ,although slightly more recessed, near top of dash. If I exit , double click/lock doors with fob get beep from horn ,leave window open and reach in unlock /open doors alarm goes off. Never studied the rest of anti-theft info in manual. Did you get an owners manual for Cheby porttion.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 07:12 PM   #4

Unfortunately I didn't receive any paperwork with the coach. I haven't seen this button on any other Chevy's so it could be an after market add-on. I have power locks, but no key fob.
Old 03-28-2022, 08:21 PM   #5
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Many of these coaches use the Trimarck locking system to lock and unlock your doors with a key fob. The system is just an alarm system, but they don't use the alarm portion, just the ability to lock and unlock the doors remotely. On my Diplomat, they also wired it into the running lights that flashed when the key fob was depressed.

Since it's actually an alarm, there are several unused functions, including a siren, magnetic door sensors and the red LED light. On my Diplomat, they just stuffed the LED light and its wiring under the dash with the small alarm box which is about the size of a deck of cards.

On my Diplomat and my previous Dutch Star, I located the bundled-up wires, added a few feet of wiring and moved the red LED to the passenger "A" pillar. Even though I didn't have a siren, the flashing LED it was a good deterrent.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 06:46 AM   #6

Could it be the aux brake light for the toad. Looks like the same light that came with the Brake Buddy.
Vongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 09:04 AM   #7

Thank you all for the responses, it's given me something to go off of. I took a closer look under the dash and there are a few aftermarket add-ons like a XM radio in dash module and a few other things I can't identify. If I ever find out what it is I will post it here.

Tags
dash, light