Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2018, 09:42 AM   #1

Replacement radio/infotainment system

We have a 2013 Reyo (Sprinter chassis) with the double din infotainment system from Xite and like many others, have grown tired of the touch screen issues. I want to replace it with a system that at a minimum has GPS and supports Sirrius XM plus it'd be great to be able to use the steering wheel controls.

I see systems from Jensen (of course) and Boss along with a few other brands that I don't recognize. Any recommendations.
pdeinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2018, 07:15 PM   #2

There looks like a few options for your Sprinter at Crutchfield and they have the module for your steering wheel controls. I’m not familiar with Axxera or Boss but there are lots of reviews to look through.
https://www.crutchfield.com/g_182350...avigation.html
Old 06-15-2018, 08:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombsy View Post
There looks like a few options for your Sprinter at Crutchfield and they have the module for your steering wheel controls. I’m not familiar with Axxera or Boss but there are lots of reviews to look through.
https://www.crutchfield.com/g_182350...avigation.html
Boss is a fairly low-end brand, but at least a long-established one. Axxera is part of Jensen/Dual/Axxera, another low-end brand, but also established.

If you look on Amazon, you can finds lots of Chinese stuff claiming lots of features, but with limited brand history/support at really cheap prices. I've been hesitant to go this way because I figure I might end up with more hassles than it's worth; I might get lucky, or I might not.

On the other side there are more established brands such as Kenwood, Alpine, Pioneer.

Crutchfield has a pretty good reputation for product and support, and might well be worth the slightly higher cost. I figure they won't be selling any random junk, and if there are problems they will help.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:22 AM   #4

I love the Kenwood that's in my Sprinter RV. I have the DNX691 but the newest model DNX994S has everything including an adjustable touch screen, DNX994S | eXcelon | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | KENWOOD USA. On the Sprinter forum the owners are changing to either the Pioneer or the Kenwood.
Old 06-16-2018, 08:05 AM   #5

Replacement radio/infotainment system

I put a Pioneer unit in my XTerra that I’m pretty happy with, I ended up doing it myself. As well as the steering wheel controls, XM module, and Bluetooth microphone, I had to add a couple delay modules because the subwoofer would thump when it powered off.
I use a separate Garmin GPS so I wasn’t looking for navigation. One reason is I can’t see the screen as well, and the other is it’s easy to remove the GPS for updates and route planning with a computer.

Edit: I had to buy another XM module for the Pioneer because the factory XM wasn’t compatible.

Tags
ace, radio, replace, replacement