Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2022, 11:51 AM   #141

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thumbs up still alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcsand View Post
Not sure if this thread is still alive or if anyone is still paying attention, but I just found this and thought it may be useful to someone other than just me. Apparently, Lisa from flexsteel started sourcing covers once the rv division of flexsteel shut down. Her contact info is in the attachment.
Yes it is alive. Thanks for the info...
Lawdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2022, 07:08 PM   #142

Replacement skins for captain Chair

Iím looking for style # 455RABSD
JLBrumback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 05:58 AM   #143

I just got ours recovered with skins provided by Lisa Bauer... they look great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220401_131608.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	313.1 KB
ID:	361523   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220401_131551.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	365.8 KB
ID:	361524  

Old 04-06-2022, 10:29 PM   #144

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanJH View Post
I just got ours recovered with skins provided by Lisa Bauer... they look great.
Thank you for your reply it helps to have a name. Do you have her email or phone number?
Old 04-07-2022, 06:09 AM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLBrumback View Post
Thank you for your reply it helps to have a name. Do you have her email or phone number?
Here you go-- Lisa used to be at Flexsteel... when they got out of the RV business, she obtained the patterns and opened her own shop. I had her make skins for all the upholstery in the RV... all from Ultraleather, instead of the cheap stuff the RV manufactures specified in the original build.

Lisa Bauer

Bauer RV Upholstery LLC

563-542-4902

bauerrvupholstery@gmail.com
Old 04-07-2022, 06:24 AM   #146

Mine captains chairs are out right now being recovered. I have a whole new dinette on the way as well. The couch was still in great shape so I have the replace skin for that when it needs it. Can’t wait to be done.
Hpozzuoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 09:57 AM   #147

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It probably would be smart to shop/ price a local auto upholstery shop and internet to compare?
Old 04-08-2022, 09:40 PM   #148

We just had our lousy FlexSteel seats recovered at Bauer RV Upholstery, Dubuque, Iowa 2 weeks ago.
They use the exact FlexSteel patterns to create new skins using "Ultra-Leather".
We also had the seat foam replaced with an upgraded foam.
The seats are a perfect match in both design and colour.
I sat and watched the seats being done by a skilled installer and it is definitely not a job for a novice or DIY installer.
We supplied specific details from the tags on the seats and the skins were already made by the time we arrived.
The 2 seats then took approx. 9 hours to recover, and required specialized tools and a trained installer.
After watching the process, there is no way I would have attempted the install.
We are very pleased with the company that did the work and the finished product.

[IMG]IMG_2407.jpeg[/IMG]
Jim.B1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 04:53 PM   #149

[QUOTE=ualdriver;3732782]The driver and passenger seats in my RV are looking a bit ratty, so I e-mailed Flexsteel to figure out how much it would cost to replace the leather(?) or whatever the seat covers are made of. I found the tags for the seats, e-mailed Flexsteel with the info from the tags, and Flexsteel e-mailed me back and said it was $375-ish for each seat to replace the seat covers. I thought that was a bit pricey, but the thing that "concerned" me though is that she said that these seat covers are "normally replaced by a professional upholsterer" or works to that effect.

So has anyone replaced the seat covers on these Flexsteel seats themselves after having received replacements from FlexSteel? How big a job is it to replace these covers?

Thanks[/QUOTE
Old 04-10-2022, 04:55 PM   #150

That’s a great price. I was informed it would cost 1400 per seat to have the skins made and only if they could find the pattern.
Old 04-10-2022, 05:51 PM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLBrumback View Post
Thatís a great price. I was informed it would cost 1400 per seat to have the skins made and only if they could find the pattern.
Surprised Flexsteel is still responding to RV requests as they are out of that business. They must have some remaining odds & ends that match yours.
Just remember these are likely the same material and still prone to flaking..
I would not put effort and $$$ into replacements with anything but REAL ULTRALEATHER.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 04:52 AM   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by ualdriver View Post
The driver and passenger seats in my RV are looking a bit ratty, so I e-mailed Flexsteel to figure out how much it would cost to replace the leather(?) or whatever the seat covers are made of. I found the tags for the seats, e-mailed Flexsteel with the info from the tags, and Flexsteel e-mailed me back and said it was $375-ish for each seat to replace the seat covers. I thought that was a bit pricey, but the thing that "concerned" me though is that she said that these seat covers are "normally replaced by a professional upholsterer" or works to that effect.

So has anyone replaced the seat covers on these Flexsteel seats themselves after having received replacements from FlexSteel? How big a job is it to replace these covers?

Thanks
Flexsteel no longer makes RV seating. Contact Bauer RV Upholstery in Dubuque, Iowa as they have the actual patterns for Flexsteel. Just had mine done and watched the installation process. Two chairs took 9 hours for a professional installer to complete and definitely not an easy task to make the fitting look right. They were outstanding and highly recommend.
Jim.B1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 03:09 AM   #153

Monaco Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim.B1 View Post
Flexsteel no longer makes RV seating. Contact Bauer RV Upholstery in Dubuque, Iowa as they have the actual patterns for Flexsteel. Just had mine done and watched the installation process. Two chairs took 9 hours for a professional installer to complete and definitely not an easy task to make the fitting look right. They were outstanding and highly recommend.
I replaced the skins/covers myself after ordering from FlexSteel before they stopped making them. Lisa Bauer worked for FlexSteel and got all the patterns when they got out of the RV furniture business.

If you are handy and have an area to work on them, it's not that hard of a job. I have never done anything like that before so I took pictures of how the hog rings and clips were placed as I removed the old ones.

I took my time doing the first one. The second seat went faster for a total of about 10 hours to do both, 6 plus 4 hours.

I guess it all depends on how adventurous you are with making or replacing things. Good luck and stay safe.
Mason Dixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 12:54 PM   #154

I wonder what happened to all Flexsteel seat parts. There must have been large inventory. Like trim parts, switches , cable pulls ect. Some of the old chrome seat controls looked like what was on old cars.
153stars is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
driver