Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2022, 05:05 PM   #1

Replacing Headlamps

We have a 2004 Alpha See Ya!
We are trying to replace the headlamps. The ones we received look mostly the same. But they are not fitting into the black plastic holder (not sure of the correct name) very well. The main light does not look even, and one side of the running light will not slide in to the back of the holder.

Has anyone in this forum already done this?
PDBRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2022, 05:48 PM   #2
Decrepit Forum Advocate

Welcome to the forum.

I'm a bit confused but I'm not known for being the brightest one here on the forum, lol.

Are you replacing the bulbs? ...or the entire headlight assembly?
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 12:14 AM   #3

What are the bulb ID numbers for old and new? Are the new ones LED?
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 01:21 AM   #4
Decrepit Forum Advocate

Since the Alfa See Ya used the headlight assembly from the 1995-2001 Ford Explorer, while you're waiting for somebody who has actually changed the bulbs a an Alfa See Ya (I personally have not), you can take a look at the attached video and perhaps it will help a bit as it shows not only how to remove the bulb but also shows how to remove the entire assembly. The Alfa should have attachment plates similar to an Explorer if that what you're having trouble with. But as you already know, the access to the back of the assembly will be different, of course, than that of a Ford Explorer as you are accessing the back of the assembly from be backside of the front cap when it comes to the motorhome.

But hopefully, somebody who has actually done it in an Alfa will respond and be able to directly answer your question quickly.

/
Old 09-26-2022, 08:45 AM   #5

I just joined, and do not see how to Reply to a Reply.

Anyway, thanks for the help so far.

To THEROC.

I am trying to replace the bulb housings. Not sure if that is what they are called. Im trying to replace the part we see on from the outside, the things the bulbs screw into.

I wanted to attach a few pics and a video that demonstrate my problem. But, I don't feel confident that I did it correctly. But I only see an option to insert a URL image, from a website
PDBRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 01:58 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDBRV View Post
I just joined, and do not see how to Reply to a Reply.
First off, Welcome to IRV2!

Just hit the Quote button on the post you want to reply to and it will quote it to a new window, then then just add your reply.

As for photos, here are instructions in the Forum 101 thread on how to post them.
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f62/foru...tml#post477709
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 04:49 PM   #7

The phone app is easiest to post a pic . You can just make a title post pics and edit within 30 min... type the rest on a PC/keyboard if your faster on keyboard.
153stars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 12:18 AM   #8
Decrepit Forum Advocate

Yeah, I am now confused even more, lol.

So I'm not understanding as the way I understand it, the bulbs are accessed from the rear of the fixture and they do not "screw in" as the headlamp itself snaps-in and is retained by a black plastic ring from what I can see. Is the black plastic ring what you referred to as "the black plastic holder" ...??

Yes, if you could attach some pictures that would be great.

I believe the only way you can attach a video here is to host it on youtube and then link it, and the link will auto-embed the video in your post. I'm not sure if that's the only way, though. Maybe Lt Dan can clarify.

So the black ring that is circled is the retaining ring and will twist in order to loosen and allow the bulb to be pulled from the rear of the fixture. Is it the "black plastic holder" you are referring to? If so, I'm thinking that it just twists in order to secure the bulb in the fixture hole. It should be a 9007 bulb.
Attached Images

Old 09-27-2022, 12:26 AM   #9
Decrepit Forum Advocate

I believe that this is how the rear of your fixture appears:

(image from RazorMotor)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sealed fixture from ford explorer 95-01.png
Views:	8
Size:	466.8 KB
ID:	377426