Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-12-2022, 02:46 PM   #43

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandKO View Post
Good catch! It turns out that I did have a reverse polarity issue...
Good deal for sure, when you shared your later comments about having no battery power with the fuses blown and you did have 12v power when plugged in, I highly suspected that the issue was not with the converter after all. I hadn't looked at the pictures until today so good catch THenne1713.

I will add that regardless of how this worked out, when it comes to electronics and their documentation, when an electronic component fails as they sometimes do, certainly unpredictable results can occur.

Hopefully your trip later next week will be uneventful with plenty of power. lol ~CA
CRV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2022, 03:01 PM   #44

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by THenne1713 View Post
Twinboat, (SIDELINE, since we now see in PICS that he has some wires reversed?) re: you wrote <<Nobody puts same amp fuses in series.

The 2 fuses are on each output of the converter adding up to 60 amps. Since the converter can not output more then 45 amps, it can not blow the fuses.
They are there to protect against incoming current from a battery, not output.>>

When you think about circuit wire from CONVERTER thru FUSE PANEL to Battery, Fuse panel has two power source INPUTS. (Converter and Battery); one RP FUSE on each INPUT to fuse panel, NOT two fuses coming out of Converter source; BUT in circuit from converter to battery, these fuses would be series, and NOT double 30a=60a. (CLEAR IN THE HEAD NOT ALWAYS CLEAR WHEN LEAVING THE FINGERS THRU THE KEYBOARD LOL = What we thought we said is not always what they thought they heard?)
Good deal with catching this, I didn't look closely at the battery cable images until today and after your comment.

Regarding the two RP fuses, they are in parallel with the + converter power coming in on the connection listed as +VCC and the two fuses together as in this image would provide 80 amps of fused protection. Although, I am not completely sure if I understood your comment here so perhaps you are speaking of other fuses. This is a common wfco fuse block and although some are a little different, they are all commonly setup like this for the RP fuses. ~CA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	224
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	359025  
CRV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 06:54 PM   #45

Hummm....
A Reverse Polarity situation

Thank goodness for those Reverse Polarity Fuses.....saved converter damage just like designed.
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 01:16 AM   #46

In Get Smart Agent 86 voice. The old isolator lug mount to grant trick.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 02:10 AM   #47

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
CraigAV: Was reading earlier tonight on some Smart model w/ blinking LEDs on fuse panel, they have FOUR RP fuses clustered around the flashing light. (add solar and ??) but back to RP Fuse discussion: to clarify: Older Fuse Block has TWO INPUTS: ONE fuse is between Fuse BUSS and BATTERY, OTHER Between Fuse BUSS and CONVERTER.
Old 03-17-2022, 03:15 PM   #48

Check the battery with a voltmeter at the battery posts. Though unlikely, t's possible that the battery has its negative terminal and positive terminal mislabeled.
mgoldstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 03:33 PM   #49

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Fuse 101

If you are sure you didn't connect something in reverse, even for a moment, let's consider fuse 101. A fuse works just like a light bulb. Voltage passes over a filament. The filament deteriorates over time. The fuse (or light bulb) burns out. You replace it. It works again. Life goes on.
Old 03-17-2022, 11:25 PM   #50

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Steve716, ALL CURED: Back on page 3, Post #33 w/ Pics, bottom PIV, OP showed his wiring, and if you look close, you can see a red wire (INSIDE THE CORRIGATED PROTECTOR) on NEG and a black wire (INSIDE CORR) on POS+; OP corrected wiring after pointing this out, and replaced fuses and all= Good.

Tags
fuse, fuses