Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2022, 08:15 PM   #1

Roof raise

I own a 2005 rear engine, 40ft, Blue Bird. I want to do a roof raise. I made an attempt to contact Skoolie.com through their website. I have not gotten a response, yet. Can anyone help me with contact information for Skoolie.com or any person or company who can do a roof raise? Thanks!
Mr. Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2022, 08:20 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Hi & welcome to iRV2. Glad to have you.

Skoolie.net is another discussion forum; a sister site to iRV2. It isn't a company & they don't do roof raises. It's for members to ask questions of fellow school bus owners who've modified their buses. You post questions there, just like here & wait for other members to answer. If they can they will. It might take days, weeks, months or longer or never for an answer. Depends on if anyone has the knowledge to be able to answer your questions. Sometimes they don't & you won't get a reply to your thread.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 08:27 PM   #3

skoolie.com IS a business.

skoolie.net is the RV Life site you're thinking of.

That said, this is probably more of a skoolie.net kind of question....

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 08:30 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Thanks for the clarification. I missed the .com extension. Sorry for the misinformation.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 09:26 PM   #5

I was preparing to post the following and then I noticed it had already been brought up. However, I'll go ahead and post what I found just for information purposes.

There actually is a difference between skoolie.com and skoolie.net

skoolie.net is the forum that NLOVNIT is referring to --AND skoolie.com "was/is" a company that specialized in parts associated with school bus conversions.

Quality Crafted Conversions -- Skoolie.com

The School Bus Conversion Network, an RVLIFE community (the forum)

However, I seem to remember that they went out of business several years ago. I'll look around to see if I can confirm that or if I'm wrong.

eta: take a look at this thread in the skoolie.net forum and see if it makes any sense. From that forum, I see that the owners of skoolie.com are Luke and Rachel Davis. They haven't posted on skoolie.net (the forum), since June of 2019:

Skoolie.com is up for sale (skoolie.net)

(at that time, it was not up for sale confirmed by the owner in THIS POST in the thread)

Luke Davis profile on skoolie.net

However, here is their BLOG but it looks as if it's even more out-of-date than when they last posted on that forum:

MIDWEST WANDERERS

Conclusion: my post here is totally useless and left only for reference because who knows what happened to their business, skoolie.com?

theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 08:16 AM   #6

Most anything can be accomplished if you spend enough $ on it but I have a couple of questions. Your Wanderlodge is already pretty tall. How much are you thinking to raise the roof & why ? That bus is pretty valuable. Would modifying it like that substantially lower its value ? Wanderlodges have kind of a cult following and serious structural modifications like this seem to flush the value down the drain.
Roy-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 06:21 PM   #7

Roof raise

Hi Roy-C.
Thanks for your response. If you are referring to the roof raise on the 2005, rear engine Blue Bird as being valued as is…that’s great news for me. However, I am not interested in the value of the bus. I really want to know who can do a good job with the “roof raise.” Can you please help me? I want to travel and live in the bus. I want a “good build out.” Please help! Thanks!
Mr. Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 07:35 PM   #8

Lone star skoolie or Colorado custom coach works. Prices are all over the place. From $5,000-10,000
RangerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 08:01 AM   #9
tsc

I’d suggest you look into the reviews of lone star Skoolie before making any decisions
tsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 08:24 AM   #10

A 2005 Bird is a great coach. It’s built like a brick **** house and considered by many as a high end coach. Unless your super tall, what’s the motivation to raise the roof? The entire roof or just the rear?

I owned and ‘83 35’er and loved that coach. I wish there were still in business. I would love to replace my Breeze with one some day, but at that point the newest one will be a 2007 I believe.
Hpozzuoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 08:52 AM   #11

Mr Dude,
Sorry but I have no idea who could do a roof raise on your Bluebird. We have a 1987 35' FC and I can tell you that these things are put together like the proverbial vault @ fort knox. Making cuts in the outer shell would be a huge undertaking and I would think way more expensive than on most RV's.
I guess I still don't understand why you need to raise the roof.
Roy-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 05:22 AM   #12

Roof Raise

Sounds like he may have a school bus.
hbrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 08:29 PM   #13

wow

This entire thread was so full of just fail lol.

The guy has a school bus guys, not a blue bird motorcoach.
It's just a rear engine 40 foot long school bus. Hence why he wants to get with someone as skoolie.com so they can help him raise the roof on his relatively shortish school bus.

I saw someone refer lone star , I would highly advise against them.
Yillbs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof