Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2011, 07:20 PM   #1

Rv friendly gas stations

Looking
for a better source for Rv friendly gas stations. Next exit ok, but the did not list much on the mass turnpike, and 495. Also not much help on 95 in Maine
wsd890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2011, 08:26 PM   #2

Out here in the western states, we have tall canopies and plenty of room to get turned around. I have had fears about being too tall at 13'6" and having this happen

Old 08-22-2011, 06:39 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
As I approach a business or low overhang I ask myself; "Is this someplace that a Semi might pull through or use?" If not the radar goes up and I start worrying about clearance.

This is a valid argument for requiring licenses to drive RV's, and pull trailers.
alvinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:37 PM   #4

The idiots at most gas stations including Flying J, Loves and Pilot place the pumps in front of the store, facing the store with parking in front so RV's longer than 25 foot can't use them. It's so fustrating that I'm glad I switched from a class A gasser to a diesel 5th wheel.... In WV I had to exit 4 exits before I found a station that had parallel pumps that my 50' rig would fit in... Who ever designs these places never had a RV.....
Billieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billieg View Post
The idiots at most gas stations including Flying J, Loves and Pilot place the pumps in front of the store, facing the store with parking in front so RV's longer than 25 foot can't use them. It's so fustrating that I'm glad I switched from a class A gasser to a diesel 5th wheel.... In WV I had to exit 4 exits before I found a station that had parallel pumps that my 50' rig would fit in... Who ever designs these places never had a RV.....
I agree about pump placement issues. I think that all of the outside pumps should be diesel only. I say that because there is nothing more frustrating than a bunch of cars and gasser pickups are left blocking the diesel pumps while people are inside shopping or standing in line at Subway and haven't even started pumping gas when there are several open gasoline only pumps!
Old 08-22-2011, 10:01 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey-KE7LBB View Post
I think that all of the outside pumps should be diesel only.
PLEASE NO! I use only the outside pumps to fill my gas motorhome (and toad). At most of the stations I would feel uncomfortable using a center aisle.
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Barbara S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:25 PM   #7

Didn't really think of that. Maybe it would be better just to have a dedicated island or better spacing between all of the pumps instead.

I was just venting my frustrations about where I have to fill up almost everyday while I'm at work.

Tags
gas