Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2005, 02:16 PM   #1
Arv

Has anyone had experience with AON RV insurance? I got a quote from them that looked very attractive. My concern is that they get you hooked then bump the rates way up.

2006 Vectra 40FD
Arv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2005, 02:16 PM   #2
Arv

Has anyone had experience with AON RV insurance? I got a quote from them that looked very attractive. My concern is that they get you hooked then bump the rates way up.

2006 Vectra 40FD
Old 12-19-2005, 03:55 PM   #3

Arv,
We have been with them for a number of years with no complaints. Two new coaches and one used.
They offer discounts for security systems, completion of driving courses, etc. Have not had to file a claim, however those with whom I have spoke and had are insured with them, filing a claim was not a problem, no hassles.
We have looked at others, but opted to stay with AON (formely RV Alliance).
Old 12-23-2005, 03:04 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I don't think they are the Insurance Company, I think they are an agent for Insurance Companies. We recently switch Insurance Company and Agent. I found Twin Peaks RV Insurance an agency in Florida. Check out their main page for facts about RV & Motor Home Insurance or call Tara and ask her. TPRVI provided us with a AA Rated Insurance Company that's specifically for MotorHomes. Beware of companies that say you can use your home owners insurance for some coverage, that's not correct.

radarr
Old 12-23-2005, 06:42 AM   #5
Administrator Emeritus

radarr,would you mind furnishing the company name you're happy with?

I have many policies with State Farm,but I'm not convinced they're the best for rv insurance.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 09:01 AM   #6
Administrator Emeritus

Just received my quote from Tiffanie @ Twin Peaks....
Old 12-24-2005, 12:15 PM   #7
Administrator Emeritus

Just did an online quote with Good Sam/GMAC....Not competetive at ALL!!

Old 12-28-2005, 01:16 PM   #8
Arv

Thanks for the info. I got a quote from Twin Peaks today and it is about $700 more than AON.
Still evaluating to insure it is for identical coverages.

2006 Vectra 40FD
Old 12-29-2005, 08:24 AM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We have had AON, formally RV Alliance, for 6 years and have nothing about praise. No collosion claims, but two towing claims, which were fast and friendly. They checked about every 1/2 hour until the wrecker got there, up in the boon dock of some mountains.

If the RV is less than 10 years old, they have full replacement first 5 years, and after that, full purchase price return if vehicle is totaled.

Also they have reducing deductable. Bear with me, this sounds crazy. They reduce the cost for your deductable 25% for every year you don't have an at fault claim. We only wanted $500 deductable, which is fairly inexpensive. But now that we are with them for 6 years, we have $100 deductable, which is considerably LESS than our orginal $500. That is because they charge us 25% less every year. Heck, in 10 years, my collision and comp. premium will only be $2!

I have 2 friends that have had collisions with them, and for the first collision (with a clean driver's license) there was NO rate increase, though their reducing premium on collision and comp. went away, but after a year, they started reducing the premeiums again.
Blue Ribbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 12:11 PM   #10
Administrator Emeritus

Blue ribbon,the diminishing deductible is one of the things I was quoted with Twin Peaks as well....
Old 12-29-2005, 04:02 PM   #11

I would recommend that you go on-line and get quote from Gilbert RV Insurance. I was happy with their rates. It was 50% cheaper than Progressive. By all means, don't consider an automotive type policy for a new motorhome. You need the total replacement vs. actual cash value. The depreciation rate is just to great to consider unless you get gap insurance. It really depends upon how you are purchasing. Good luck!

07 F350 Dually Ford Diesel
R Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 05:34 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Since you have a Winnebago product there is a chance that you are a W.I.T. member. If true, check out the insurance you are eligabke to get through the club. The policy is written by RV Advantage(Farm & City Insurance). The insurance provides for replacement of the new same model in case of total loss within the first 5 years. After that, they will give you what you paid for the coach. I have had cause to test the above and smaller claims over the years. They have been great and are competitive in their rates.

I thought you might want to know about an agent and company that really works for the insured.

No, I don't work for them!
Old 12-31-2005, 11:13 AM   #13
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DSouthw524:
Since you have a Winnebago product there is a chance that you are a W.I.T. member. If true, check out the insurance you are eligabke to get through the club. The policy is written by RV Advantage(Farm & City Insurance). The insurance provides for replacement of the new same model in case of total loss within the first 5 years. After that, they will give you what you paid for the coach. I have had cause to test the above and smaller claims over the years. They have been great and are competitive in their rates.

I thought you might want to know about an agent and company that really works for the insured.

No, I don't work for them! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
THANKS!!

I'll be joining WIT and FMCA when I sit down and write the check on Monday.
I realize I get the one year free with purchase.

I will definitely check the insurance out as well.