RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2017, 06:12 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
RV permanent dump station install at campground

I looked thru quite a few threads discussing this issue and thought I would ask about it with certain specifics in mind.

We are campground hosts at a small campground in Upper Michigan. Presently, we use a macerator and 220 feet of hose. It works, but when there are campers here, the hose goes right across where people walk. It doesn't enhance the campers experience when I m dumping.

So, I was thinking of asking the township who we host for if they could install an underground line from our campsite and hook it into the cleanout for the bathroom/shower(where we presently tap in with our macerator). I would like to make it so that a macerator wouldn't be needed, so when we are no longer here, someone else can use it without going thru the expense of having to purchase one.

Would installing 220 feet of let's say 4" pipe with the proper slope work with direct (no macerator) dumping? It seems to me that with a 220 foot run, some of the sewage would end up sitting in the line until the next dumping.

The sewage would go right into the public sewage system, not a residential septic tank/drainfield.

Thanks for any suggestions

Brad
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2017, 06:34 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
It should work fine, most residential hookups run this far to connect to the public sewer system.

Slope needs to be not less then 1/8" per foot so in 200 ft the pipe needs a drop of 25". If possible I'd put a couple cleanouts in along the run, they don't need to stick up but be available to clear obstructions. That long of run could see some blockage but if installed correctly it should be fine. I'd dump the gray water last which should purge the line of any solids.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 04:38 PM   #3

My first thought, before you got to the 4 inch question, was just to use 1" pvc pipe to take the place of the hose. It would be easy to bury and connect.

But,,, your idea sounds good and would be the more versatile setup. No matter which, it would have to meet any city or municipal codes that might be in place.
Old 07-13-2017, 06:32 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I don't think your idea would work well because you won't have enough liquid to carry the solids that far. Your home toilet uses more water than you normally use in a RV toilet. I like the 1" pipe idea, with your macerator. Don't worry about the next guy.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground, install