Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2010, 09:59 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
RV Wrap vs Paint

Has anyone had their RV Wraped. How costly is it vs having it painted??
jeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2010, 10:02 AM   #2

It's 4x more expensive than painting. We looked into that before we decided to repaint ours. I even have a good friend who does vinyl wraps for a living - J & T Vinyl - Home and he priced the materials at cost! The only way wraps are cost effective is if you're doing some sort of graphical design with a logo of some sort as compared to painting/airbrushing them - like what you see on plumbing trucks, towing trucks, etc etc.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:39 AM   #3

I got estimates on getting my coach painted. 38 foot. $10000 for a simple 3 color job and $17000 for a 4 color job with pinstrips. If wrapping is 4 times more, wrapping my coach is more then I paid for it.
JPMaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:47 AM   #4

Also keep in mind wraps only last 3-5yrs IF they are maintained properly. Most wraps will only last 1/2 that long if left in the Sun all the time. Compare that to how long an all-over paintjob will last. Also compare to the top-of-the-line 3M vinyl wrapping material versus many of the other cheap brands - those can sometimes fade/deteriorate in even less time. If you compare wrapping to airbrushing designs and logos then vinyl wins - but for an all-over similar to what you see on Class A's today, then hands down, paint wins.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:48 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks for your tip. I will be getting a wrap quote this week. I already know painting our 32' class a will be 10 to 12,000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94-Newmar View Post
It's 4x more expensive than painting. We looked into that before we decided to repaint ours. I even have a good friend who does vinyl wraps for a living - J & T Vinyl - Home and he priced the materials at cost! The only way wraps are cost effective is if you're doing some sort of graphical design with a logo of some sort as compared to painting/airbrushing them - like what you see on plumbing trucks, towing trucks, etc etc.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:20 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Why wrap the whole rv? Can you remove the Decals polish the fiberglass with a good oxidation remover and apply new decals with a different design....I have done just that on my 2001 tradewinds, and the results are nice. I guess you just have to assess the shape of your fiberglass to see if it is worth just polishing...check out my pics on the National site under new tradewinds graphics it's by no means a full body paint look but it's a definate update, and I paid $2700.00, These graphics are good 7-10 years with proper maintenace
Old 10-20-2010, 08:57 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Wrap vs Paint

Thanks for your suggestion. I can't seem to find your pics would you post the complete url?? Thanks again
Old 10-21-2010, 03:17 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
There are actually a number of us who own Tradewinds who have recently re-done our coaches, all can be seen under forums- other manufactures -National. Or you could try searching "new Tradewinds Decals" in the search window.