Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2021, 07:56 AM   #1

RVing and Tennessee

Currently live in FL and looking around. How are registration fees and costs for RV's in Tennessee? Storage facilities etc.
I like it here in Tennessee and was curious what other motorhome owners think
Winger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2021, 03:10 PM   #2

Registration fees are inexpensive compared to VA or MN. Do not know what they are in FL so don't know what to tell you. As far as storage, we have plenty here in the western part of the state. As far as cost, I don't know because I chose to live where I can keep mine parked at home. We have lived in the state since 1998 and do not plan on moving. Let me know if I can help further. As me some specific questions and I will do my best to get you an answer.
Old 07-26-2021, 03:20 PM   #3

Taxes vary by county and city in TN. BDWEAK is right you must provide very specific information.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 03:32 PM   #4

We are registered in Sumner county TN. Plates on Motorhome and 2 vehicles are $80 each. Each county adds their own wheel take to the price of the state price. No bad, we’ve lived in other states and paid a lot more.
gcamper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 06:15 PM   #5

Thanks for the replies. I am looking in Clarksville, Montgomery County. If I was to do this I would buy a house and build an rv storage building/barn.
Finding the right house/location will take some time. Not really big on Florida. Registrations are cheap but appears that Tenn is just a few dollars higher. No big deal. I have much learning to do, this is a start. Thanks again
Winger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 06:38 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I live in Jefferson County TN (East TN). As stated there is a basic state registration fee and each county adds additional fees. I pay $75 per vehicle including the motorhome.

Each county has their own property tax assessment along with building permit costs. I just built a new house and it was based on living space completed, once complete they assess the property as to level of finish. IMHO the tax assessment on my new house that I built is lower then what I would have bought an equivalent house for.

I just completed a 40X50'X16' garage, the building permit was $400, it was based on square feet. I have not been assessed for the property tax yet.

If you are a DYI'er TN you can be your own general contractor building your own house and can also do the electrical and plumbing, which is what I did. You can save $$$ but it is a commitment, one that I'd never do again.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
rving