Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2022, 03:21 PM   #1

Safe RV Storage in Sacramento/Elk Grove Area?

I was at my MH today and found out that my second catalytic converter has been stolen. They took the first of two (twin exhausts) sometime prior to 9/22. I was just at the storage yard today and the second one was gone. Fortunately I hadn't yet replaced the first one or this would have been #2 and #3. The storage yard has been hit at least three of four times since early 2022 and I'm getting fed up with their lack of security.

Does anyone know of an RV storage yard in the greater Sacramento area that's not too far from Elk Grove that seems to have decent security? Some of the closest ones to me, near I-5 in Elk Grove won't take a 35 footer.
BCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2022, 03:34 PM   #2
NXR

There's no such thing unless you're willing to pay for fully enclosed storage just for your motorhome.

Or you could install one of the catalytic converter anti-theft products and hope that the thieves just move on to an easier target so they can leave faster.

Ray
Old 12-04-2022, 08:13 PM   #3

Its not close but Granzella’s has pretty secure looking rv storage facility in Williams and each space has power to plug into.9
NevadaNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 08:20 PM   #4

Sorry to hear about your stolen CCs! Hope your insurance is paying for them. I imagine though eventually your insurance will go up (or you'll get cancelled). Ugh!

Not sure if this would stop them, but I implemented a relatively inexpensive deterrent on my 3 RVs after one of the CCs got stolen. Here's a link. Might not be perfect, but doesn't hurt. I've got extra alarms if you are interested (I'm in the Bay Area).

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f84/move...ef-592759.html

I store my RVs in a yard/field that isn't very well protected, but it is only 3 blocks from my home so the convenience is hard to beat (and it's not too expensive). I poured a base rock pad for each of my RVs. I also took extra base rock and created a mound underneath where the CCs are. This will make it harder for thieves to crawl underneath. That, along with my cable and alarm in the above link make me feel pretty good about my chances of protecting them while in storage and out on the road.

RVs are naturally pretty high off the ground, so CC thefts will always be an issue.

Good luck!
Chris
SJ-Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 01:18 PM   #5

We use More Space RV & Boat (916) 758-6826 in Gold River if they have any availability. They are 100% indoors in a build plus gated. It is expensive but may be worth it. We haven’t heard of any theft or vandalism problems in the several years we’ve used them. If that’s too far, maybe they can recommend someplace else. Otherwise maybe try google. Good luck.
DebbieJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 12:04 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieJ View Post
We use More Space RV & Boat (916) 758-6826 in Gold River if they have any availability. They are 100% indoors in a build plus gated. It is expensive but may be worth it. We haven’t heard of any theft or vandalism problems in the several years we’ve used them. If that’s too far, maybe they can recommend someplace else. Otherwise maybe try google. Good luck.
Thanks but Gold River is too far and I really don't want to spend $$$ for indoor storage for my 2002.
BCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 10:13 AM   #7
YC1

Check Yuba City. I had mine in an indoor storage for several years but have since left Calif. It was very secure. I could call them and have them take the rv into a fenced secure area if I needed to get it after hours. There was a coded gate to get into that.

It was not cheap but the RV was secure and dry. When I wanted to pick it up I could call them and they would have it outside already. Or I would drive it out myself when there.

They would wash the RV is I wanted them to. At that time there was no electric available so I took a picture of my battery compartment and always left it on the seat to make sure they turned everything off.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage