Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2021, 04:04 PM   #1

Seattle Area

HI Folks, I m new to motor homes and just bought a 2008 tiffin allegro bus in Sep. I took it to Freightliner and had it serviced and all is good. What I want to do now is have the "house" checked out, the slides checked and whatever else should be done. My question is: does anyone have a recommendation for someone who does this kind of service in my Area?? I live in Redmond, WA.
Thanks, John
john foose is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2021, 04:11 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
YMMV, but for routine "check it out" stuff, I recommend you take a little time and research each topic on YouTube, ask questions here, and maybe find a fellow RV'r that you know has experience.

I say this especially now because dealers/repair are SWAMPED in this area. Between new sales and Warranty work, restricted hours, and general lack of really experienced techs.

I have found that most things, are pretty easy to deal with if they come up. The great thing about YOU finding an issue is that at least if it does require work, you can find out all the "gotcha's" to look for to make sure it's done right.

Much like in boating.. it's pretty easy to find a tech to "fix" something. Finding one that's experienced enough to spot "potential issues" that's a tough ask.
Desdinova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 06:19 PM   #3

You might give Evergreen RV on Aurora at about North 162 st. They are a small family owned operation...a phone call and a few questions won’t hurt or cast a dime.
Gump159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 07:01 PM   #4

KZ RV Club
Try Valley RV great to work with. https://www.valleyrvsupercenter.com/
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 09:26 PM   #5
PKI

You might find that a trip down to Beaver Coach Sales in Bend Oregon is worth the trip. They have a special relationship with Bob Tiffin and sell his coaches.
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 09:45 PM   #6

Foretravel Owners Club
Or You can also call Infinity in Renton.
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 08:18 PM   #7

Why not just use everything? Drive it.
Slides. Jacks. Appliances. Water heater. Furnace. A/C., Etc.
All fit and finish items. Get on roof and check out seams, etc. Crawl underneath and spend an hour.
Costs nothing but your time.
awol50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 11:38 AM   #8

I recommend Camano RV and Welding .

Dennis is an independent operator and is a certified tech for Onan , Dometic , Atwood to name a few . He also provides a mobile service .

He's done work on our coach , he gives accurate estimates and does the work in a timely manner.
Bill Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 10:54 PM   #9

I can't really think of a reputable RV house service provider on the eastside but I second Infinity Coach. It's actually in Sumner so you'd have to navigate traffic down 405 and 167 but they've always treated us right. Jim is the owner and he's usually around to help and give advice.

Google reviews

RV Service reviews (older reviews as this site isn't as popular as it once was)

Infinity Coach ---> website HERE, ---> Facebook page

1710 Fryar Ave, Ste 105
Sumner, WA, WA 98390

(253) 891-0879

eta: I have heard good things about Camano RV as Bill Gail recommends if it's easier to head north but I've never personally used them.

2nd edit: I do like Desdinova's and awol50's advice too. If you have time, start checking things out yourself and if you find things that need attention or you are not sure about, then you can take it to a shop. It will give you the opportunity to get to know your coach plus can save you some money also.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seat