Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-17-2017, 02:28 PM   #29

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale & Mark Bruss View Post
But from our early days when most of the drain pipes were unthreaded, we used a Hose Buddy. The Hose Buddy uses water for weight that can be drained for transprt and the bottom is shaped to hode most 90 degree elbows.

I like this solution a lot more than the pink pig. Thank you. ;-)
cyclist922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2017, 02:41 PM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpinvidic View Post

I just ordered a collar, but have never used one. I can see it making a good seal, but will it also keep the hose in the pipe or do you still need weights?
I must be the odd and "old" RVer as I have never needed any extra weight whenever using the collar. If you firmly insert the collar into the sewer pipe FIRST, then insert your sewer connection firmly into the collar it should not come apart. As stated previously before opening any valve to dump I always press on the entire connection firmly to make sure no one has monkeyed with the apparatus.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 02:47 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAdventurer View Post
I am finding it difficult to connect sewer when the connection is lower in the center. I understand why they do this but the distance on the right angle connection causes rubbing when connecting. I find it really hard to know if the connection is good. Any ideas on how to raise connection height in this situation? Thanks
Attachment 154747
Just head down to the Home Depot or Lowe's get the proper sized Nipple and Coupling should - lift you up about 5-6" and make the problem disappear.

JMHO,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 02:58 PM   #32

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclist922 View Post
I like this solution a lot more than the pink pig. Thank you. ;-)
I love my pink pig! My Granddaughter even named it Daisy!

Dave
FMCA F451520 - Texas Boomers - RVM#128
Daveht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 06:31 PM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveht View Post
I love my pink pig! My Granddaughter even named it Daisy!

Dave
A Black or Red sewer pig costs a lot more than a pink one. I prefer a sewer cow but nobody makes one of those.
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 08:30 AM   #34

I wondered who would finally raise this issue. We encountered this requirement during a trip to the Pacific Northwest, so bought a donut to use. I think the wording is a "gas tight seal or equivalent", so it seems like a threaded hose connection would also suffice if one is at the drain opening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Gramps- View Post
By the way, Sewer collars, which I assume to be a donut or whatever it takes to make a leakproof tight fit, are required on all RV units in the State of Florida at all times. Just jamming the hose in the hole is against state regulations and can lead to a fine for the campground if there is an inspection. Same thing in Va and I know of one incident where warnings were issued to the campground owner to get his guests to fix their connections.

The Encore RV and Golf resort we are in now mentioned the above in their guest handout. Its tough here because this place has low, sunk in the ground, no threads connections. They plug the empty spots with liter sized plastic bottles filled with water and turned upside down in the hole.
2005 Safari (Monaco)Trek 28RB2, Workhorse W20, 8.1, Allison 1000 5 spd, UltraPower engine & tranny, Track bars & sway bars, KONI FSD, FMCA 190830, Safari Int'l. chapter. 1999 Safari Trek 2830, 1995 Safari Trek 2430, 1983 Winnebago Chieftain, 1976 Midas Mini
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 11:50 AM   #35

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
But not as cute as a pig and what would anyone name such a thing?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-03-18 at 11.47.16 AM.png
Views:	88
Size:	327.1 KB
ID:	155198

Reliance 5 Gallon Collapsible Water Jug | Sportsman's Warehouse
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 07:35 PM   #36
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
I saw a camper that made his weight with a bike inter tube filled with sand. Since I don't bike and inter tubes are getting harder to find I made my own weight with a piece of old blue tarp. Cut off a piece, put 15 pounds or so of sand in it, folded it up, taped it up with duct tape. It doesn't complain like asking the DW to put her foot on it.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:32 PM   #37

In our current site, the threads on the sewer connection were screwed up. Thanks to this thread, I properly reinserted the doughnut and then pushed in the hose connection. All good now, but I still put a rock on it (too cheap for a pink pig). Something to learn every day!