Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-16-2018, 05:59 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Shockwarehouse

Anyone else attempt to purchase shocks for their MH from Shockwarehouse?
I purchased 4 Bilstein shocks online on the 7th of this month. Attempted to call to check on an expected delivery date on the 12th. I would call and get a message saying all customer service reps were busy and then get disconnected. Finally after more than 20 attempts got thru to a live person. Was told shocks were shipping that day and would have them on the 15th (yesterday). Well no shocks no shipping or tracking info nothing. Tried 30 or 40 times to get thru to a live person and nothing but a recording then get disconnected. Their live chat feature on the website was of no use either. Would log on and wait and wait and wait and no would would log on on their end. Emailed them and did get a response back. They said the order was fulfilled. The same thing it’s said on their website for the last week. I emailed them back saying fulfilled tells me nothing and I needed shipping and tracking info. No response back.
Anyone else experience these problems with them? It’s perhaps the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced in an online purchase.
I’ll be calling my credit card company this morning.
Tjclarke696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2018, 06:51 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjclarke696 View Post
Anyone else attempt to purchase shocks for their MH from Shockwarehouse?
I purchased 4 Bilstein shocks online on the 7th of this month. Attempted to call to check on an expected delivery date on the 12th. I would call and get a message saying all customer service reps were busy and then get disconnected. Finally after more than 20 attempts got thru to a live person. Was told shocks were shipping that day and would have them on the 15th (yesterday). Well no shocks no shipping or tracking info nothing. Tried 30 or 40 times to get thru to a live person and nothing but a recording then get disconnected. Their live chat feature on the website was of no use either. Would log on and wait and wait and wait and no would would log on on their end. Emailed them and did get a response back. They said the order was fulfilled. The same thing it’s said on their website for the last week. I emailed them back saying fulfilled tells me nothing and I needed shipping and tracking info. No response back.
Anyone else experience these problems with them? It’s perhaps the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced in an online purchase.
I’ll be calling my credit card company this morning.

I had a great experience with them. Ordered Koni FSD Shocks on 1/25/18 @12:44pm via the website and received another email that same day at 2:44pm with tracking info. Shocks arrived without issue a few days later. They had good pricing as well.
Old 03-16-2018, 06:59 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueThunder4 View Post
I had a great experience with them. Ordered Koni FSD Shocks on 1/25/18 @12:44pm via the website and received another email that same day at 2:44pm with tracking info. Shocks arrived without issue a few days later. They had good pricing as well.

Not sure what has changed in 2 months? Just the fact that I can’t get thru to anyone has me wondering. I checked reviews online and there were a lot of negative reviews complaining of the same issues. I sent them an inquiry this morning via their website. We will see if they answer it. If not my next call will be the credit card company.
Old 03-16-2018, 07:11 AM   #4

You need to dispute your credit card charge while you still have time. If I recall correctly, the time limit on our card is 45 days from the date you authorize the charge. Many companies state that your order may take 8 weeks to receive. That's fine, but at the 40 day mark, I dispute the charge, just like clockwork. It's amazing how many companies send me a tracking number or contact me a day or so after the CC company takes the money back! Not sure what is going on in your case, but without a delivery confirmation, your order has NOT been fulfilled.
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 07:25 AM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
When you call Shock Warehouse, leave your message, Advise them if you do not hear from them within 24 hours, you will file a dispute with the credit card company.

When they call back, be nice, let them know exactly what they need to do to satisfy you. You may calmly also let them know that they have a history of this type of consumer complaint.

If your request is reasonable, they will satisfy it..

Unfortunately, in any business, every now and then something goes horribly wrong. If this is really one of those unusual problems, I judge the company on how they resolve the issue..
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 08:11 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiter21 View Post
When you call Shock Warehouse, leave your message, Advise them if you do not hear from them within 24 hours, you will file a dispute with the credit card company.

When they call back, be nice, let them know exactly what they need to do to satisfy you. You may calmly also let them know that they have a history of this type of consumer complaint.

If your request is reasonable, they will satisfy it..

Unfortunately, in any business, every now and then something goes horribly wrong. If this is really one of those unusual problems, I judge the company on how they resolve the issue..

There in lies the problem. There is no option for you to leave a message. You get a tape recording saying all customer service reps are busy and then you get disconnected. They also don’t respond to emails. Never had this type of problem with any other online business I have felt with to date.
Old 03-16-2018, 08:15 AM   #7

Check the feedback with the BBB, saw away from these guys, same as CW.

2014 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP
1doodadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 08:20 AM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
There in lies the problem. There is no option for you to leave a message. You get a tape recording saying all customer service reps are busy and then you get disconnected. They also don’t respond to emails. Never had this type of problem with any other online business I have felt with to date.
Sounds like time for Option one - credit card charge dispute..
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 08:28 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well what do you know I finally got through to a live person. Used star 67 to block my number. Not sure if that had anything to do with them answering the phone or not.
Apparently my shocks shipped yesterday direct from Bilstein. I should receive them Monday according to the tracking info supplied.
Worst customer service experience with an online purchase ever. And I’ve bought a lot of stuff online.
As 1doodadd said stay far away from them unless you’re looking for headaches. Their prices are good but not worth the aggravation.
Old 03-16-2018, 09:38 AM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Bilstein seems to be terrible about getting orders out! I ordered Bilstein shocks back on 10/4/17 back order but will produce them next month!! Well now 6 months later they say middle of May! Canceled them and called ShockWarehouse and had new Koni's in about a week! I believe I've called them 3 times with no problem
Old 03-16-2018, 10:06 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damion View Post
Bilstein seems to be terrible about getting orders out! I ordered Bilstein shocks back on 10/4/17 back order but will produce them next month!! Well now 6 months later they say middle of May! Canceled them and called ShockWarehouse and had new Koni's in about a week! I believe I've called them 3 times with no problem

Not sure who was at fault but I do know that Shockwarehouse lied to me on Monday when they said they were shipping from their warehouse that day. It seemed at the time that the rep was trying to rush me off the phone and I was correct.
Just looked at my phone log:
6 calls on Monday till I finally got through to someone.
Wednesday 14 calls with no one answering and no option to wait for a customer service rep or leave a message.
13 calls yesterday with the same results along with several unanswered emails.
5 calls this morning with someone finally answering on the 5th phone call and only after I blocked my number.
This doesn’t include the hour plus I spent on their online chat Wednesday waiting for someone to pickup (the message on their phone says to use their chat for faster service).
As I said earlier their prices are good but it’s not worth the aggravation. They might not think so but my time is valuable.
Old 03-17-2018, 12:09 AM   #12

Yep had used them last two times for shocks for last two MH's.
This time around they were having some sale which included free shipping.
I called and talked with a live person , placed my order. Gave him my info, email address for the tracking number.
Was told they would be shipped out following day and I would have them within 5 business days.
10 days go by like you no tracking email etc..

I call and get the recording, after several calls I finally get a live person.
I vent my frustration of what I was told and I got hung up on,,, uhm disconnected.

So then it went to emails , they had the gall to say what am I complaining about you got free shipping !
Which I replied I HAVEN'T GOTTEN ANYTHING,,, YET !
I finished off the reply email if I don't receive a reply or the shocks in two days I'm filing a dispute with my CC , file a compliant with BBB and of coarse social media.

Well what do you know the shocks showed up on the second day..

I will never use them again...
OFDPOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 09:16 AM   #13

My son just bought some Bilsteins from them two weeks ago.

Got the shocks within 1 week.

No problem whatsoever.
Fyrflie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:41 PM   #14

Well,
Sooner or later, I'll be looking for shocks for our '04 Itasca Horizon 36GD with the CAT C-7 330HP. It's 14 years old and 83,000 miles and, has the original Sachs shocks on it. It seems to ride fine. No wandering, no porpoising,nothing. After hitting dips, it seems just fine with no excessive rebounding. But, I know that someday, things will start happening that will require the need for new shocks. Apparently, the Shock Warehouse IS NOT the place to shop.

If one bad review is all I read about a company but, there are many, many good reviews, then the potential for getting bad service or a bad product is maybe questionable. But, when there are around 50% of each, or more for the bad, as has been stated, I'd rather pay the higher price(s) and be assured I'd be getting good service. At least that's how I look at things.
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote