Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2008, 03:29 PM   #1

On the way to Baltimore last weekend my wife heard a noise and went to look and my neo-angle shower broke one of its panels.Weird that after almost 3 years it happens now.Any way I had to heat up the left side mounting bracket to loosen the gobs of adhesive they used to set it in.Anyone else had this happen to them and is it hard to get replacement?

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2008, 03:29 PM   #2

On the way to Baltimore last weekend my wife heard a noise and went to look and my neo-angle shower broke one of its panels.Weird that after almost 3 years it happens now.Any way I had to heat up the left side mounting bracket to loosen the gobs of adhesive they used to set it in.Anyone else had this happen to them and is it hard to get replacement?

Old 06-03-2008, 04:44 PM   #3

It hasn't happened yet to me and I am crossing my fingers. What seems to have caused yours to crack? Did the shower door swing free? After getting the plastic out I would look it over and see if Home Depot or Lowes has something. You will need to learn to cut the plastic to size and that is a trick. The best job I have done with that is using a router. Every other method causes cracks which might turn out to be small enough that the molding will hide them.
Cummins 6.7 ISB, Allison 2100 6 Speed
J Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 05:29 PM   #4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by J Walker:
It hasn't happened yet to me and I am crossing my fingers. What seems to have caused yours to crack? Did the shower door swing free? After getting the plastic out I would look it over and see if Home Depot or Lowes has something. You will need to learn to cut the plastic to size and that is a trick. The best job I have done with that is using a router. Every other method causes cracks which might turn out to be small enough that the molding will hide them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A good table saw with a zero clearance insert around the saw blade does the trick also. I was head of maintenance in a woodworking mill and we cut a ton of plastic sheeting of this type with absolutely no cracking. The router will work but can cause more heat stress than the table saw which may cause future cracks and yellowing around the edges.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:56 PM   #5

Forgot to mention it is textured tempered glass, made a real mess.Wondering why this happens.Door was in lock position,nothing fell against it.I am going to try glass co. tommorrow.

Old 06-03-2008, 06:16 PM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie:
Forgot to mention it is textured tempered glass, made a real mess.Wondering why this happens.Door was in lock position,nothing fell against it.I am going to try glass co. tommorrow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Frankie,

You don't have one of the flooded Hurricanes that was exposed to salt water flooding do you? Check your steel undercarriage under the bath area for rust or corrosion and signs of sagging. When the mild steel starts to rot and sag it can put a lot of stress on things. Hope it's just a fluke however it would be wise to check it out before too much more time goes by.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:33 PM   #7

I wanted to get rid of the clear glass shower door, so I drove the coach down to a local glass company. They removed the shower door, installed a new textured tempered glass and reinstalled the shower door and all for a very reasonable price, too! Oh, and they packaged up the clear door glass for me - it's stored in the garage as a JIC.

and Starlight (January 20, 2000 - March 17, 2009)
Gary M. Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:01 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have a friend with a 2005 Holiday Rambler Neptune which he bought new late last year. Same thing happened to him. They were driving along and the thing just exploded. Glass fragments all over the area.
Joe
JWatkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 01:15 AM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NeilV:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie:
Forgot to mention it is textured tempered glass, made a real mess.Wondering why this happens.Door was in lock position,nothing fell against it.I am going to try glass co. tommorrow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Frankie,

You don't have one of the flooded Hurricanes that was exposed to salt water flooding do you? Check your steel undercarriage under the bath area for rust or corrosion and signs of sagging. When the mild steel starts to rot and sag it can put a lot of stress on things. Hope it's just a fluke however it would be wise to check it out before too much more time goes by. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My chassis is clean,no probs there.

Old 06-04-2008, 05:35 AM   #10

Any local glass company that does custom shower enclosures should be able to fix it.
JerryForwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:18 AM   #11

Mid Atlantic Campers
To much slamming that glass with the old Bat Wings I guess took it's toll. Seriously, it was probably due to some chassis or coach flexing. I would contact Four Winds for any help they could provide on the issue. Also ask them about the part you need. Or, go to a local glass or shower enclosure dealer for help. I too would really want to know why before a fix was done. Good Luck and keep us informed, I have the same shower inclosure.

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:40 AM   #12

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">To much slamming that glass with the old Bat Wings I guess took it's toll. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Thats funny Steve,that might have been it!!

I did drop off the frame to my buddy(glass Co owner) and he said no prob.The one thing that might be ,is the gasket got ruined,he said keeping the gasket damage free is importaint when they replace glass.Should be under$70.00 to fix.
After dealing with a leaks in the last 2 neo-angle showers I have owned,I figured out why after taking this one apart.They basicly put a couple skinny beads of chalking under the frame then chaulk the edges with white.I could see where the water was dripping through underneath by the water stains on the top of the basin rail.Glass shop is going to give me a tube of the right adhesive.If any of you have any questions on tearing these units down let me know.I learned some lessons on rv shower installation the hard way.

Old 06-04-2008, 05:15 PM   #13

Glass shower doors are tempered glass and as such,they have been known to spontanously self destruct just as rear windows in automobiles did in years past.I have not encountered this in recent years,however.

DIY Rear Panhard Rod
exrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 01:11 PM   #14

Glass shop should have NO problem.....our door shattered after being swung by the attached towel bar....they replaced ot for under $60 and even had the correct "rain" pattern in the glass...only difference you can see is the door is now a shade or 2 "bluer" than the side glasses...have to have the light angle right to even notice that....IMHO, of course
DadD45 is offline   Reply With Quote