Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2022, 11:01 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Shower valve replacement

Good Day to all,
We have a 2002 HR Endeavor, PBD. The corner shower valve is mounted in the corner with no access from behind. One wall is exterior wall, the other is mirrored and against the kitchen slide wall. How do you replace that shower valve which is mounted in the corner of the shower stall? (Oher than removing the shower stall???
thanks,
Lucy2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2022, 11:17 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Pictures????????
Old 06-26-2022, 11:19 PM   #3

My '02 Winnie is similar and has a corner shower. I have a single handle assembly though. In that setup, I remove the handle assembly after popping off the plastic H-C snap in cover, access the screw, then remove 2 screws from the metal plate underneath.

This is how mine looks when I get to that point:

If yours is similar, I don't know how much help my ad free article might be, but here's the link...Corner Shower

I thought about replacing that faucet assembly completely years ago, but I've been lucky enough to find an appropriate washer and seal kit that helps keep it from leaking so I haven't done the remodeling there I've been planning in the back of my mind.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 08:21 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Look at that mirror wall. Does it have clips holding the glass in place? My mirror comes out and there is an access hold to access the shower valve.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 12:34 PM   #5

My thinking --and I may be way off as I'm just guessing-- is that you WILL be required to access the back of the faucet as I believe you have one like what is shown in the image attached. That one is from a 40' 2002 Endeavor.

If yours is like that one and you want to remove and replace that faucet/valve assembly, I believe it has to be accessed from behind the faucet.

So somewhere, you'll find an access panel. Yes, as windsorbill points out, the mirror may be the logical place that could provide the access. Otherwise, look for a panel somewhere that is in a logical placement where you'd think could give you access to the backside of the faucet.

It even could be in a panel on the EXTERIOR. I've observed that with some RVs where there is a small door (sometimes even with a lock on it) where you can open and see the back of the faucet.

Once finding that access, it will be simple to replace the faucet as it's held on by two plastic retainer nuts on both the cold and hot side with lines attached for hot and cold.

No, I'm almost positive you won't have to remove the shower stall itself ...there has to be an access area somewhere that will give you a way to get behind the stall.

(from a 40' 2002 Holiday Rambler Rambler Endeavor PBD)
Attached Images

theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 03:00 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorbill View Post
Look at that mirror wall. Does it have clips holding the glass in place? My mirror comes out and there is an access hold to access the shower valve.

X2, I have a couple of the mirrors I can remove to get at the back of the shower valve. Not easy access but it's there.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 10:43 PM   #7

Pictures please, should install from the front
shootist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 10:57 PM   #8

Spartan Chassis
very, very similar to what we have, and i will double check the mirror panels. If a panel is removable , it will be partially tucked behind the slide wall. Definitely no clips.hopefully get a chance to verify tomorrow. i need to make sure i have some way of repairing it cuz I may break off the shower hose connection--it's been caulked in place,
ill also take pictures. (thought that i had some...)
thank you for suggestion
i was half hoping that a valve assembly existed that was completely mountable from the front...keep dreaming i guess
Old 06-27-2022, 10:59 PM   #9

Spartan Chassis
i'll get pictures, and is there such an assembly that installs from the front?
thank you
Old 06-27-2022, 11:57 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy2017 View Post
i'll get pictures, and is there such an assembly that installs from the front?
thank you
Yes, post a picture of yours when you can. If it has access screws on a mounting panel --like THIS ONE-- then you can change it from the front. Notice the little screw holes? If you don't see screws on a mounting panel, then you'll have to access the removal from the backside

However, if yours is similar or identical (again, the image is from a 2002 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PBD only a 40-foot floor plan) to the image I posted previously, then the only way to remove that faucet set is to unscrew the retaining rings from the backside.

Therefore, again, there has to be access to the backside either behind the mirror as others have said or if you see no other place that could be hiding an access area/hole, then take a look at the exterior close to where you'd estimate the shower and shower faucet might be and see if there is a door or access panel that corresponds to the approximate location of where you think the faucet is.

Here are two video to show what I'm referring to. In the first video, go to :41 and he explains the two types. The first video also shows the exterior door I was explaining if you can't find an interior access panel.

This video shows if you have an mounting panel with screws showing in the front where you can actually remove and replace the faucet from the front:

I think you have what is shown in the first video as it looks very similar to the image of the 2002 HR Endeavor PBD I posted previously. If so, you'll have to remove it from the backside.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, holiday rambler, replace, replacement, shower, valve